What: Botanical Installation Workshop
When: Saturday November 18, 1:00pm - 5:00pm
Where: 1/177 Beavers Rd. Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
In this workshop you will learn the practical and design elements of building a botanical installation. We will cover arbours, wreaths, backdrops, garlands and more. The workshop will be taught by two floristry rockstars Ruby Soho and Melissah Danger. After the demonstration, the class will be split into two groups who will collectively work on a large installation piece with one of the teachers. All elements of planning, design, installation and maintenance will be covered in this fun, hands on workshop.
Your Teachers: Ruby Soho + Mellisah Danger
Ruby Soho is a flower farmer and florist based between the family rose and dahlia farm in Pakenham. She is a passionate florist, farmer musician and teacher. Growing up on a flower farm gave her a real passion for flowers and the industry. She began doing wedding floristry at a young age for a friends wedding and continues to work during the wedding seasons and run her studio from Vintage Garage, Preston. Being Dutch she is passionate about European floral design having spent a lot of her time back in Holland (the flower centre of Europe.) She also has a huge passion for Australian botanical mixing the two for a unique design. She is passionate about free floral design and getting the most out of people’s creative flair and talents and is dedicated to making the best florists out of all her students.
Melissah Danger is a florist, designer and teacher with over 15 years experience in the commercial florist industry. She has a Bachelors in Landscape Design is passionate about sustainable practices.
“I want to make beautiful flowers imbue a sense of the personality of each occasion and people associated with each occasion. We need as much beauty in this world as possible and I believe this is one way to celebrate it, show case it and bring a sense of it to life.”
Melissah is the owner of Delicate Dangers - a sustainable florist specialist in the north of Melbourne offering floristry for weddings, celebrations, funerals and large decorative installation art.
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Directions: Put Your Heart Into it Studios lives inside of Big Bang Studios nestled on the banks of the Merri Creek: 1 / 177 Beavers Road Northcote. Please drive to the very end of Beavers Road and you will come to a dead end near the Merri Creek. Come past the glass doors on the left, large black garage roller door, then past the red door. Then enter left via the bark mulched garden onto the deck and we are the second door along.
- Identify which flowers, foliage and materials are best to use to create a beautiful hanging installation for different seasons and climates
- You will learn safety practices and tips how to best maintain your floral installation.
- How to design and conceptualise a floral installation. Our team will discuss how to construct arbours, garlands and backdrops that you can use for events, photo shoots etc.
- A delicious, seasonal grazing table of local and native foods to nibble on over the course of the evening.
- An opportunity to collaborate and build a large floral installation with a group of likeminded flower fanatics.
- Wine, tea + coffee
- All materials provided
What ever you fancy
Vendor sincce 2015
Put Your Heart Into It is a collaborative team hosting insightful and creative events and workshops in and around Melbourne and Country Victoria. Our mission is to create sustainable and eco-conscious experiences that not only inspire but aim to promote a slower lifestyle, where simplicity and community involvement are cultivated as well as nurturing a hands-on approach to getting creative.
Events and workshops are run in ever-changing and intricately styled spaces that are sure to inspire and promote creativity. Each experience offers you the chance to meet some incredible new people, graze on delicious, sustainable and locally sourced produce as well as gaining a wealth of knowledge to set you on your path to creativity.
Our team includes an array of artists and professionals that have worked within their fields of expertise for many years, so as to offer you the best knowledge possible. We love collaborating with non for profit and ethically minded businesses, community groups and schools and can customise a creative eventor workshop to suit your needs.
Experiences can be as simple or complex as required and we can offer a diverse range of disciplines andcreative pursuits. The Put Your Heart Into It team can create an all-round experience that will leave everyone feeling inspired. For more information on our workshops and events, as well as tailored experiences, please get in touch.
We also offer eco-concious event planning services, customised hens parties, workshops for corporates and birthdays. As well as our popular catering service of intricately styled grazing tables of local & organic produce, wedding and event styling including floristry installations.
Located at Big Bang Studios. 1/177 Beavers Road Northcote 3070
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.