Cat Behaviour and Management Training
Upskill your staff in 2023!
RSPCA Victoria offers Animal Behaviour & Handling Training for Civic Compliance Officers, Local Laws Officers and Animal Management Officers using interactive, hands-on learning and real-life scenarios.
Key topics include:
- Animal welfare and maintaining low stress environments
- Cat Behaviour and Body Language
- Cat Housing
- Cat Handling Techniques and Equipment
- Working with fearful/aggressive cats
Our training programs are delivered by qualified RSPCA Victoria Educators, Animal Care Attendants and Behaviourists.
This is the perfect professional development opportunity for council officers and supports the training requirements in Council Domestic Animal Management Plans (a provision of the Domestic Animals Act 1994 section 68A).
What you will learn
- Use of cat capture and restraint equipment
- Identification of body language
What you will get
- Price includes lunch, morning/afternoon tea, course materials, certificate of attendance
What to wear
Work attire. Closed in shoes.
Civic Compliance Officers, Local Laws Officers and Animal Management Officers
Want to improve your animal skills? Looking for quality teaching by industry experts? Want real skills and training?
Whether you’re a pet owner or thinking of a career in animal care, RSPCA Victoria has a short course to extend your animal skills and understanding.
Designed to develop new skills for anyone dealing with animals; RSPCA short courses provide valuable access to industry experts and utilise quality resources and trainers in an informative and hands-on environment.
As the trusted name in animal welfare in Victoria, we understand what animals need, and what works and what doesn’t – and are keen to share our practical knowledge and skills with you through.
Gain professional skills. Learn about your pet. Or both!
Programs are tailored for those wanting to enter the animal industry or improve their skills within this field, as well as helping people to increase their skills with their own pets.
Hands-on experience is essential to understanding animals so you will have the chance to meet and work with – animals from our education team – as well as learn from industry experts and qualified trainers.
And of course, profits raised go towards supporting animal welfare projects. You’re helping animals while you learn to… help animals!
So book your course with us today.
About RSPCA Victoria
We are a non-government, community based charity that works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection. RSPCA Victoria was established in Melbourne in 1871. Since this time, the RSPCA has become Australia's leading animal welfare charity.
Our community services include work in education, advocacy, animal care and protection. In Victoria, we operate nine animal Adoption Care Centres and one community pet care centre, providing refuge and care to more than 20,000 animals every year.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we rely on community support to care for 'all creatures great and small'. More than 90% of our funding is due to the generous support of the Victorian community.
For further information, visit www.rspcavic.org
Cancellations & Refunds
If the organiser cancels the class:
You are entitled to a full refund.
If you can't attend the class:
- A refund can be requested 7 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 7 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 7 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- Program activities are conducted by RSPCA Victoria Education Officers and staff. RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to alter activities or cease programs should staff and participant safety be compromised.
- For safety reasons, participants must wear appropriate clothing and closed-in shoes.
- RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to cancel the class should minimum numbers not be met. A full refund will apply in these circumstances.
Participants may be involved in a range of hands-on activities during training. While the RSPCA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of participants, all participants engage with these activities at their own risk.
By enrolling in these programs you acknowledge that you understand this disclaimer and release RSPCA (Victoria) and its employees, agents, volunteers and contractors from any liability whatsoever, to the extent permitted by law.
More From RSPCA Victoria
Pet First AidPet First Aid
AU$129.00Burwood East, VICSat, 05 Aug 9:00AM (AEST) (+2 more)
Cat and Dog Body LanguageCat and Dog Body Language