This workshop is suited to anyone interested in learning the art of 'Marbling', a technique of combining multiple clay bodies together using the pottery wheel.
* Important - You must have experience on the wheel, know how to centre clay & completed at least a beginner level course to get the full benefit of this workshop.
Demonstrations such as wedging different clay bodies will be shown as well as refining this technique to create specific marbling effects.
This workshop is designed for students to work at their own pace on their own creations.
- Clays & tools provided.
- All Items will be fired & glazed by the studio. Students will be notified when work is ready to be collected.
- A light lunch will be provided, coffee & tea.
The Studio is a comfortable working space with air conditioning complete with showroom.
Cancellations & Transfer Policy
Bookings cancelled up to 7 days prior to the class date will be refunded in full. Bookings cancelled 7 days or less before the class date will be refunded only if the vacancy can be resold at full price. If not resold the purchase price is forfeited. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please advise name of alternate within 24 hours of function).
- How to combine different stoneware clay bodies to use on the wheel.
- How to wedge clay so you can create specific patterns
- Creations made on the day after they have been fired & optional glazing.
- Learn new techniques they can take away and use in their own studio.
- Light lunch, tea & coffee.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Comfortable casual clothes & closed in footwear.
Everyone interested in learning how to combine different clay bodies. Must have experience on the pottery wheel and know how to centre clay.
Vendor since 2017
Sarah Schembri is a Melbourne Ceramic Artist who is passionate about creating functional, tactile and visually appealing ceramics, particularly tableware. Being a lover of cooking and food in general, she is most interested in making pieces that are a pleasure to use in the home, pieces which are not only visually appealing but also functional & tactile.
“There is something quite special about using pieces that are handmade - the experience and food taste better. This is a feeling that I think about when I'm creating, it's part of the experience I want to share with others.” - Sarah
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd or organised by Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd .
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd classes and events or on Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd 's premises. (For use of Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd marketing materials).
Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Cancellations & Transfer Policy
- Bookings cancelled up to 10 days prior to the function will be refunded in full or transferred to a later date at no cost.
- Bookings cancelled 10 days or less before the function will be refunded (less 20% surcharge) if the vacancy can be resold at full price. If not resold the purchase price is forfeited. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please advise name of alternate within 24 hours of function)