Sunday Beginner Wheel Class
Beginner wheel pottery taught over 4 Sunday afternoons from 1-4pm.
This is a perfect class for beginner level students.
Class will commence on Sunday 27 October. There will be a two week break after week 3 week 3 accommodate work drying and firing.
The dates will include 27 October, 3 November, 10 November & 27 November,
Weeks 1 & 2: learning to wedge & center clay. Basic forms such as cylinders and small bowls will be demonstrated. One on one tuition given.
Week 3: trimming
Week 4: glazing
Cost includes all clay, tools, firing & glazing. All items created will be ready to collect approximately 2 weeks after the course has concluded.
The teacher for this class is Sarah Schembri, owner and artist of Sarah Schembri Ceramics Studio.
- How to centre clay to make basic forms such as cylinders and bowls
- Trimming & glazing skills
- A set of your creations made on the day. Students will be notified once work has been glazed and ready to collect.
- Tea & Coffee.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Please wear comfortable clothing. Must wear covered/closed shoes.
Beginners. No experience necessary.
Vendor since 2017
Sarah Schembri is a Melbourne Ceramic Artist who is passionate about creating functional, tactile and visually appealing ceramics, particularly tableware. Being a lover of cooking and food in general, she is most interested in making pieces that are a pleasure to use in the home, pieces which are not only visually appealing but also functional & tactile.
“There is something quite special about using pieces that are handmade - the experience and food taste better. This is a feeling that I think about when I'm creating, it's part of the experience I want to share with others.” - Sarah
Cancellations & Transfer Policy
- Bookings cancelled up to 10 days prior to the function will be refunded in full or transferred to a later date at no cost.
- Bookings cancelled 10 days or less before the function will be refunded (less 20% surcharge) if the vacancy can be resold at full price. If not resold the purchase price is forfeited. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please advise name of alternate within 24 hours of function)