The advanced class builds on from the basic which provides an introduction to drones and some of the applications in farming. Here we get more into the nitty gritty of how to use drones for adding value to your business. Whether you use contractors for aerial imagery and remote sensing or you are looking to get your own drone (or get more out of your own drone) - this class will give you the skills you need. Topics cover:
- The basics of drone operation
- The regulations and drone selection
- The basics of farming operations - monitoring stock, crops and infrastructure
- Basic flying techniques (you will fly different sub-2kg drones).
- Applications that use drone data for plant health and drainage
- Setting up flight missions and getting the best out the of the data
- Costs, benefits and where the technology is heading
Duration: 3 Hours
- Content includes all aspects of safely planning and flying drone missions, as well as the legal and safety responsibilities of drone operators.
- The uses of drones for farming applications including drone selection
- How to turn drone information into intelligence that actually supports decision making
- Detailed class notes
- Plain language instruction on how to safely fly a drone
- Planning flights and set up recurring missions for checking stock, crops and troughs etc.
- Experience with cloud based applications that process drone data for agricultural applications
- A tablet, laptop or notepad
- Your own drone for any specific advice
Suitable for beginning drone users
Vendor sincce 2016
Get your skills at www.skill-shop.com.au
The skill-shop provides hard to get and quality skills.
With its headquarters in Western Victoria - we seek to provide opportunities for people living regionally to be part of exciting workshops and classes that typically might not be available. We also seek to give people from cities and regional centres an opportunity to see some amazing places while growing a new skill.
Many of our classes are based at the Hamilton Insititute of Rural Learning (HIRL). HIRL is an amazing venue spread across 15 acres and bordering a 100 acre Eastern Barred Bandicoot recovery enclosure. It is the perfect place to connect in community and learn together. http://www.hirl.org.au/
Anyone participating in any classes or coming to any events at Skill Shop or organised by Skill Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into Skill Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Skill Shop.
The Skill Shop provides classes taught by people with real industry skills. Our classes are about participation, fun and learning.
Our classes are non-accredited, they don’t give you any ‘licences to drive’ so repeat after me……. I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by the Skill Shop.
2) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Skill Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Skill Shop classes and events or on Skill Shop’s premises.
We only use these through newsletters and social media – if you have a real problem with it, just let us know before class.
Skill Shop requires 72 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund. Just let us know at email@example.com. If you miss the deadline, consider paying your ticket forward to a friend.
At the Skill Shop we do our very best to ensure all scheduled classes run. Sometimes life happens and we may need to cancel if there is an illness or we just don’t get enough participants for the class.
We try to have at least 5 in any class – but if we have to cancel we’ll let you know via email and SMS as soon as possible. A full refund or credit will be issued.