Corset Pattern Making - CWA Rooms, COOLAMON
The Studio Faro Corset Block is the outcome of a pattern-making project for a local designer. Designed and fitted to meet industry standards, it's a favourite with local makers and textile teachers. There is a maximum 6 students per workshop, so every students gets loads of teachers time.
During this one-day workshop you will use the Corset Block to produce Corset patterns with design features that may include tucks, fullness and interesting seam detail.
- Via teacher demonstrations and using our detailed pattern instructions you will make a corset pattern. There will be several designs to choose from in the course materials.
- You will learn patternmaking techniques for introducing tucks, drape and fullness into your corset patterns.
- You will understand the best use of grain in your corset patterns and the most effective seam allowances for your pattern.
- Thorugh samples and discussion we will examine different methods of construction according to end use.
You will take home a completed Corset Pattern, patternmaking instructions for future projects, an understanding of fashion corset construction and a list of suppliers for corset materials and trims.
This workshop is one of four sequential fashion design workshops I'm running in the school holidays. If you book all four of these workshops, via this link, you can get a 15% discount on the single workshop fee. Fashion Design Introductory - 4 Days
What you will learn
- How to utilise Studio Faro's basic corset block in the development of interesting and creative corset styles.
- Pattern making methods that include the transfer of bust shaping and creation of drape styles.
- About the use of specific materials in the production of an industry standard fashion corset.
What you will get
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher!
- A copy of the studio faro Corset Block (Sizes 6-16) for your personal use.
- A detailed workbook covering all the days training, extra corset designs, construction detail and much more.
- Experience using industry standard pattern making equipment and materials during the workshop at no extra charge.
- A comprehensive materials and suppliers listing featuring Anita's favourite sources.
- Materials and construction techniques will be discussed (with samples) in reference to industry construction methods.
What to bring
- Your enthusiasm!
- All materials and equipment are provided by studio faro for the workshop. Please feel free to bring your favourite pencil or pattern making equipment.
- Any corset designs that are favourites or that fascinate you as a designer. There is time for you to ask questions during the session.
What to wear
Please wear shoes that cover and protect your feet. It's a workshop environment and we're keen to keep your toes safe. :)
Introductory - Suitable for students of all skill levels.
Studio Faro is a commercial and educational outfit, run by Anita McAdam, that specialises in fashion design and pattern making.
These workshops are a reflection of Anita's background and the demands of the fashion industry workroom.
'By running these workshops I hope to share my love of design and pattern making. Years of teaching and commercial practice have gifted me with a wealth of knowledge. Come get some!
Check out the blog (well-suited) on the website for more design and pattern madness. :)
All workshops are available for private booking and perfect for a minimum of 6 students; so get your friends together and email me to schedule your private workshop. Anita :) firstname.lastname@example.org
Now that I'm located in Coolamon you'll find my workshops and incursions are available in Sydney, Canberra, and the Riverina Area. Checkout the website for the latest news.
Cancellations & Refunds
If the organiser cancels the class:
You are entitled to a full refund.
If you can't attend the class:
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions
CLASS BOOKING DETAILS
Booking Information - please read carefully.
Before booking please check the class information on the website to ensure places are available in your chosen class.
Who can book?
- No qualifications or pre-requisites are necessary unless specified in the class description.
- Classes are available to anyone over the age of 15 years.
- For applicants under 18 years of age registration must be accompanied by an email granting permission from a parent or guardian.
How to BOOK:
- Bookings can be made via the website using Paypal or a credit card.
- If you’re unable to pay by these methods please contact me (email@example.com) directly to arrange an EFT payment.
- Class fees must be paid in full to confirm a place in all classes.
- Payment by cheque or bank transfer is accepted:
- Bank cheques payable to Anita McAdam Designs.
- Electronic transfer: Commonwealth – 062212 - Anita L McAdam - 10281356
STUDIO FARO CLASSES – TERMS & CONDITIONS
What do I Bring?
All materials and equipment required for the class are listed in the class description on the website.
Occupational Health & Safety
- Studio Faro students must comply with the health and safety regulations. Please notify the Director of Studio Faro at firstname.lastname@example.org of any existing medical condition or disability that may affect your participation in a class.
- Students are required to wear closed toe shoes for safety in the workroom.
Parking will vary from location to location. Please refer to the individual class description for this information.
No personal information will be disclosed outside Studio Faro without your consent, except where required by law.
More From Studio Faro
Other classes you might like
Anime Art for KidsAnime Art for Kids
AU$54.00Live via ZoomTue, 01 Aug 4:15PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Harry Potter Wand Making for all!Harry Potter Wand Making for all!
AU$80.00Live via ZoomSun, 02 Jul 2:00PM (AEST)
Learn How to Bake Alfajores BiscuitsLearn How to Bake Alfajores Biscuits
from AU$99.00Live via ZoomFri, 16 Jun 6:30PM (AEST) (+6 more)Accepts private bookings
Make Mini Plant Pots at HomeMake Mini Plant Pots at Home
AU$95.00Live via ZoomSun, 30 Jul 1:00PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Winter Watercolour Landscape for BeginnersWinter Watercolour Landscape for Beginners
from AU$35.00Live via ZoomMon, 26 Jun 6:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Create a Comic BookCreate a Comic Book
AU$55.00Live via ZoomWed, 14 Jun 4:15PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Make Flower Figure PostcardsMake Flower Figure Postcards
AU$86.00Live via ZoomSun, 25 Jun 3:00PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Paint a Pop Art Portrait on CanvasPaint a Pop Art Portrait on Canvas
AU$84.00Live via ZoomSun, 18 Jun 1:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Anime and Manga Drawing Course for All!Anime and Manga Drawing Course for All!
AU$155.00Live via ZoomSun, 06 Aug 1:30PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings
Paint a Tote Bag: DogPaint a Tote Bag: Dog
AU$80.00Live via ZoomSun, 06 Aug 3:00PM (AEST)Accepts private bookings