Learn the art of modern hand embroidery with Libby Moore of Thread Folk. In this workshop, Libby will teach you a handful of her favourite embroidery stitches and techniques to help you on your way to completing one of the gorgeous embroideries from her new book, “Thread Folk: A Modern Makers Book of Embroidery Projects and Artist Collaborations”.
You will receive an incredible kit of supplies, which includes all that you need for the workshop as well as some extra special surprise goodies AND your very own copy of Libby’s book!
The Windsor Workshop is located on level 1 of 115 Chapel Street, Windsor. Windsor train station is a 4 minute walk, or jump off at Duke Street stop on Tram 78. All day parking is available behind Paint Spot, Windsor (opposite the station) for around $7/day.
Our workshops are suitable for persons 16 years or older.
It is likely you will be photographed at the workshop, so please let us know if you do not want to be published.
Terms and Conditions / Cancellations
The Windsor Workshop reserves the right to cancel any scheduled workshop. The reasons this may occur are (a) if a workshop does not reach the minimum number of students or (b) an Artist or Workshop Facilitator falls ill. In the unfortunate circumstance of a workshop being cancelled, students will be notified at least 2 days before the commencement of the workshop and a credit note will be issued to be used at a later date. Unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds if the class is cancelled.
If you are unable to attend your workshop, please let us know within four working days of your workshop and we will give you a credit note to be used at a later date, or transfers are available upon request. No credit notes will be issued for cancellations when less than four working days' notice is given. Due to the nature of limited places, working with artists and purchase of materials, we cannot offer refunds.
Purchase of your ticket indicates acceptance to these terms
- The fundamentals of embroidery
- Embroidery stitches and techniques used to complete your very own embroidery, based on a design from Libby's book
- All the materials you’ll need to complete the embroidery at home i.e. hoop / fabric / needle / thread plus A pair of embroidery scissors and tote bag exclusive to Libby’s book & workshop tour
- A copy of Libby’s book "Thread Folk: a Modern Makers Book of Embroidery Projects and Artist Collaborations”
- You will also be treated to an array of fine food / coffee / tea / wine to feed your creative energies
- Please bring bucket loads of enthusiasm - you will be unleashing your unfounded creativity.
Your finest embroidery clobber
This class is for all skill levels, and textile enthusiasts.
Vendor since 2015
We are a creative hub for the arts / crafts / design movement providing workshops and events to inspire.
We seek out and promote local Melbourne based Artists.
We unleash the unexplored creativity in people.
We provide a social gathering for people to slow down and team up.
We create a sensory experience that will get people talking.