In this class students will make a pair of elastic waist pyjama pants. The pants are a simple design with a drawstring waist and slightly wide legs. The PJ pants are unisex.
School Holiday classes are designed for 10 years and up. There is a maximum of six children in classes. Children wearing PJ pants that they have made themselves are known to go to bed on time without argument.*
*Obviously there is no proof of this claim. Your child will most likely require a glass of water, a cuddle, tucking in, a trip to the bathroom and more before they will go to bed on your third or fourth request.
This class is only offered during the School holidays.
- Pattern tracing, placement, markings and cutting out
- Hemming & sewing French seams
- Inserting an elastic waist band
- A handmade pair of PJs made by you!
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- snacks, lunch and a bottle of water
- matching sewing machine thread
- Elastic for the waistband - 1 metre long 2cm cm wide
- Soft woven fabric: 2.5m <140cm, or 1.5m if >140cm. For directional prints you will need to buy more fabric.
Closed in shoes and casual clothing
Children aged 10 years and over who have completed our Holiday Sewing: Learn to Sew for Kids Part 2
Flannelette and cotton. This pattern is not suitable for stretchy, sheer, silky or fluffy fabrics.
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew and make your own clothes.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here.
Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.UPDATE March 2019 - We are not processing refunds during the COVID-19 crisis. Processing will return to normal after the shutdown is lifted.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/