Thread Den's pattern drafting program is designed to enable you to be creating and producing garments designed by you. Learning to pattern draft will open up a world of unique style and creativity that you will have for a lifetime.
Our program is made up of individual courses:
Bodice designs stop like a shirt, Torso drafting includes full garments like dresses and jumpsuits.
Over the 24 hour Torso course students will:
- Draft and fit a torso block & sleeve block to your own measurements
- Learn about darts, yokes & design lines
- Drafting French cuffs, contoured cuffs, rolled up cuffs. Advanced students – vertical pleats,
crescent shapes & extended caps
- Design waisted dresses
- Design waistless dresses, and
- Design jumpsuits
We utilise a number of techniques; working on calico, pattern paper, cardboard, full size and in third size scale. You will build up a reference tool that you will have for a lifetime of pattern drafting.
Delivered and designed by My Best Friend Jen, our workshops are social and designed for modern guys and girls who want to develop a creative passion. Our pattern drafting program is ideal for individuals who have been sewing from commercial sewing patterns, understand the pattern markings and have a grasp on sewing terminology. The workshop schedule for each includes pattern drafting lessons, not sewing sessions. To make the most of your course, you want to allow for time to make toiles of your drafted patterns.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Draft and fit a torso block to your own measurements
- A variety of styles developed from a torso block
- Creating a variety of dresses and even jumpsuits
- A fitted torso block
- You will build a reference tool full of notes, patterns, samples and references
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Course kit (list provided at booking confirmation)
- For toiles, students will need calico
- A3 Blank Page Journal
✄✄✄ Perfect for students who have used sewing patterns and made a few garments alike our Circle Skirt or Sigma Dress
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew and make your own clothes.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here.
Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/