Do you love to draw but you’re not sure where to begin with drawing a face? Want to learn the secret to perfect proportions, realistic details and smooth shading?
Everyone has the ability to learn illustration, you just need a little guidance! If you want to be able to draw a detailed face - this is the class you’ve been searching for.
Learn the in’s and out’s of Vanessa Vanderhaven’s self-taught techniques for realistic faces in this 3-hour jam-packed workshop, covering everything you need to know to draw a face from start to finish.
You will leave with some simple yet impactful tricks to making your drawings look realistic, a fresh view on illustration (and how simple it can be!) and a beautiful piece of work you can take home and show off to your friends.
Through live demonstration, we'll dig into:
- Getting proportions spot-on: the simple way to outline a face
- Selecting the correct tools to use for outlining, detailing & blending.
- Drawing fine details: the easy way to drawing itty bitty details
- Adding your own creative flair: drawing in your own unique style
- My personal tips and tricks for that pop-off-the-page factor!
Limited tickets are available as we like to keep each class small so that each student gets individual attention on their work.
- Skills & techniques for drawing in a realistic style
- Applying those techniques to a new portrait from start to finish
- Unique tips and tricks!
- Use of drawing materials (paper, pencils, erasers, blending tools etc.)
- Pencils, paper and a reference image will be provided to you for the class, however, feel free to bring along any of your own pencils that you would like to use.
Wear what makes you feel wonderful.
This course is suitable for all drawing levels, this may be of particular interest to those who already draw and want to boost their realism skills even further.
Vendor since 2017
Creators Handbook is about being part of a community that appreciates and supports the freelancing artist. It’s about learning new art skills and techniques, and doing so at your own pace. Whether you’re a student, a mother, a business owner (or all 3!), this is the place to sit down with a cup of coffee or a sketchbook, and let the creativity flow.
Vanessa Vanderhaven is a self-taught freelance illustrator and designer based in Melbourne. As the founder and captain of the mothership, her number 1 priority is to deliver on her promise of high quality lessons, helpful articles and support for each and every member.
If you have an enquiry or would just like to say hello, please shoot through an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Or if you’d like to learn more about Vanessa, you can visit her website www.vanessavanderhaven.com.
Creator's Handbook requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Creator's Handbook to organise a refund or transfer
Ticket refunds can be made up until 1 week before the course begins.