Always wanted to sketch out pretty florals but struggle with petal shapes and details? Do you just want to draw a nice natural flower but can’t work out the proportions?
Join us in this 3-hour compact session with Melbourne based Illustrator Vanessa Vanderhaven, where you’ll learn all about different floral shapes, intricate details and how to become a pro at sketching flowers without looking at a reference!
We’ll look at a range of fun and expressive ways for drawing in both graphite pencil and colour pencil, as well as some tricky techniques you can implement in your own floral work to make flowers POP off the page!
Through demonstration, we'll dig into:
- Learning about flowers and what features make them unique and easily recognisable
- Getting proportions perfect
- Drawing beautifully fine details for that realistic look
- Blending techniques to make your flowers look super smooth!
Limited tickets available as we like to keep each class small, so that each student gets individual attention on their work.
- Skills & techniques for drawing in a realistic style
- Applying those techniques to drawing florals from your imagination
- Unique tips and tricks!
- Use of drawing materials (paper, pencils, erasers, blending tools etc.)
- All materials are provided during class, however, feel free to bring along any pencils or paper you’d like to use!
Wear what makes you feel wonderful.
This workshop is suitable for absolute beginners through to advanced. No matter your skill level, you will walk away having learnt a new way to illustrate detail and draw florals unique to you.
Vendor since 2017
Creators Handbook is about being part of a community that appreciates and supports the freelancing artist. It’s about learning new art skills and techniques, and doing so at your own pace. Whether you’re a student, a mother, a business owner (or all 3!), this is the place to sit down with a cup of coffee or a sketchbook, and let the creativity flow.
Vanessa Vanderhaven is a self-taught freelance illustrator and designer based in Melbourne. As the founder and captain of the mothership, her number 1 priority is to deliver on her promise of high quality lessons, helpful articles and support for each and every member.
If you have an enquiry or would just like to say hello, please shoot through an email to email@example.com. Or if you’d like to learn more about Vanessa, you can visit her website www.vanessavanderhaven.com.