Do you love to draw but you’re not sure where to begin with drawing a face? Want to learn the secret to perfect proportions, realistic details and smooth shading?
Everyone has the ability to learn illustration, you just need a little guidance! If you want to be able to draw a detailed face - this is the class you’ve been searching for.
Learn the in’s and out’s of my self-taught techniques for realistic faces in this 5-hour jam-packed workshop, covering everything you need to know to draw a face from perfect proportions to feather-soft eyelashes (lunch & all-day coffee included!)
You will leave with some simple yet impactful techniques for making your drawings look realistic, a fresh view on illustration (and how simple it can be!) and a beautiful piece of work you can take home and show off to your family & friends.
Through live demonstration, we'll dig into:
- Drawing fine details: how easy it is to draw itty bitty realistic details
- Getting proportions spot-on: the simple way to perfectly outline a face
- Selecting the correct art tools to usefor outlining, detailing & blending
- Adding your individual creative flair:drawing in your own unique style
- My personal tips and tricks forthat pop-off-the-page effect!
- Plus coffee & lunch is provided(got dietary needs? no biggy)
Limited tickets are available - I like to keep each class small so that every student gets individual guidance on their work.
What will you get?
- Staedtler Art Kit supplied: You will be completely decked out with all the drawing materials you will need to draw realistic beautiful artworks, and of course, it’s yours to keep!
- Lunch and all 👏 day 👏 coffee 👏 : Yep, you read that right. You will be totally fueled up for a day of art, creativity and great convo (gluten free & vegetarian options available)
- New pals and great convo! Naturally we get chatting during class, and it’s always great to hear other people’s creative stories or just have a laugh! I’m known to make a few jokes 😉
COVID UPDATE: If you’re worried about a potential lockdown, I totally get it. In the off chance that we do enter a lockdown at the time of the workshop then you will have the option of a full ticket refund or you can hang onto your booking for a rescheduled date
About your tutor:
Vanessa Vanderhaven is an ambitious illustration artist & graphic designer living in Melbourne's Surf Coast with her husband and very much alive plants (it's a miracle). Her art career began at the age of 19 after taking a drawing class during her fashion studies where she fell in love with realistic portrait work - fast track to today, she is working full-time as an illustrator & graphic designer as well as teaching others the fine art of realistic illustration.
What you will learn
- Draw realistic facial details like skin, eye lashes and freckles.
- Compose correct facial proportions
- Get familiar with drawing materials and their uses
What you will get
- Staedtler Art Kit
- Printed Workbook + Individual guidance
- Lunch and all-day coffee & tea! (catering to your dietary needs)
What to bring
- Just bring yourself!
What to wear
Casual & comfortable clothing, you won't get messy as we are just using pencils.
All drawing skill levels are welcome, including beginners! No matter your skill level, you'll walk away with some cool new skills.
Vendor since 2017
Creators Handbook is about being part of a community that appreciates and supports the freelancing artist. It’s about learning new art skills and techniques, and doing so at your own pace. Whether you’re a student, a mother, a business owner (or all 3!), this is the place to sit down with a cup of coffee or a sketchbook, and let the creativity flow.
Vanessa Vanderhaven is a self-taught freelance illustrator and designer based in Melbourne. As the founder and captain of the mothership, her number 1 priority is to deliver on her promise of high quality lessons, helpful articles and support for each and every member.
If you have an enquiry or would just like to say hello, please shoot through an email to email@example.com. Or if you’d like to learn more about Vanessa, you can visit her website www.vanessavanderhaven.com.
Creator's Handbook requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Creator's Handbook to organise a refund or transfer
Terms & Conditions
Ticket refunds can be made up until 1 week before the course begins.
Other classes you might like
CLAY:Make Quirky Clay Plant Pots (holiday program)CLAY:Make Quirky Clay Plant Pots (holiday program)
AU$20.00Mon, 27 Sep 9:30AM (AEST)