In this 10-week course for adults, you will be creating your very own picture book for children. The immersive course will cover all areas used in the publishing industry including: How to gather ideas, develop your story through structuring and pacing, character design and storyboarding. Throughout the course, our facilitator will guide you through a step-by-step illustration techniques, catering to each individual style and preferred medium of each student.
The course is suitable for adults with all levels of skills, even beginners
Topics to be covered in this course:
- Creative writing
- Setting up compositions
- Lighting and shadows
- Story structure, pacing and rhythm
- Experimentation of various art medium
- Camera angles
- Character Design
- Character's expression and movement
- How to develop simple and effective ideas for your story
Course presented by award winning children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit, whose books have been published in Australia,Thailand and The US, as well as being translated in more than 6 languages worldwide. Visit:www.TullSuwannakit.net to see some of Tull's published books and illustration.
Course dates: Sunday 15 Oct - Sunday 17 Dec Class time: 6:00pm to 8:00pm Class duration: 2 hours per session Total number of sessions: 10
- Learn the practical steps on how to create a story and illustrate for a children's picture book
- Explore picture book illustration techniques including line, form, colour and composition
- Develop concept, story, character and structure for your picture book project
- Learn from an award winning published children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit. www.TullSuwannakit.net
- All materials are included with the course (except for an A4 sketchbook)
- your very own visual illustration portfolio created from the course
- An A4 sketchbook for visual diary
Suitable for adults
Vendor sincce 2016
Malvern School of Art offers visual art programs that are fun and engaging, as well as providing a balanced blend of critical thinking,analytical, and communicative skills with fundamental art techniques. We base our teaching on the individual development and skills of each student, fostering imagination, creativity, and literacy through the exploration of drawing, painting and sculpture. Students translate and implement the given topics via their own creative interpretation using freedom of experimentation through a vast range of art mediums,open-ended discussion and group collaboration. This results in new discoveries of a transformative art approach, immersing students in a creative and engaging visual art learning experience. Through the acquisition of artistic skills, students become confident and empowered tofind creative solutions and to discover their own unique artistic styles.
Malvern School of Art is operated and facilitated by Tull Suwannakit, an award winning children's book author and illustrator
Visit www.MalvernSchoolofArt.com.au to learn more about our school.
find us on Facebook @Malvern School of Art