In this 10-week course for adults, you will be taken on a creative journey on how to write and illustrate your very own picture book for children. The immersive course will cover all areas used in the publishing industry including: How to gather ideas, develop your story through structuring and pacing, character design and storyboarding. Throughout the course, our facilitator will guide you through step-by-step illustration techniques that are catered to individual style and preferred medium of each student.
The course is suitable for adults with all skill levels, even beginners.
Topics to be covered in this course:
- Creative writing
- Setting up compositions
- Lighting and shadows
- Story structure, pacing and rhythm
- Experimentation of various art medium
- Camera angles
- Character Design
- Character's expression and movement
- How to develop simple and effective ideas for your story
The course is presented and facilitated by award winning children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit, whose books have been published in Australia,Thailand and The US, as well as being translated in more than 6 languages worldwide. Visit:www.TullSuwannakit.net to see Tull's published books and illustrations.
- Learn the practical steps on how to create a story and illustrate for a children's picture book
- Explore picture book illustration techniques including line, form, colour and composition
- Develop concept, story, character and structure for your picture book project
- Learn from an award winning published children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit. www.TullSuwannakit.net
- All materials are included with the course (except for an A4 sketchbook and watercolour papers))
- your very own visual illustration portfolio created from the course
- An A4 sketchbook for visual diary
- Watercolour papers (to be confirmed during the course)
Vendor since 2016
Malvern School of Art offers established visual art programs in Creative Drawing, Illustration and Sculpture, with classes catering to children, teens and adults . Our boutique art school is located in a spacious, light-filled mid-century building along the vibrant thoroughfare of Glenferrie Road. We base our teaching on the individual development and skills of each student in a structured yet flexible art curriculum that is transformative and progressive. Through the engaging and resourceful teaching methods, students fully explore and express their own artistic creativity, skills and style to realise each of their full potential.
Malvern School of Art is owned and facilitated by award winning children's book author and illustrator,
Tull Suwannakitr (www.TullSuwannakit.net)
Visit www.MalvernSchoolofArt.com.au to learn more about our school.
find us on Facebook @Malvern School of Art