Victoria Whitelaw is enormously enthusiastic about passing on her knowledge and love of beautiful flowers to her students. Victoria’s passion for styling flowers began as a young girl working alongside her mother who was a florist herself. She then went on to own multiple stores of her own, and most recently opened the Victoria Whitelaw School of Flowers in Richmond. Victoria is extremely passionate about her craft, and over her 35 years in the industry has created her own extraordinarily elegant and individual style.
In this series of beautiful lessons you will learn:
– To create an arrangement using the grid system, flower care.
– How to construct an English Style Posy using the strauss technique.
– How to work with vases, designing arrangements in a tall glass vase.
- How to construct a wreath on an oasis base.
– How to work with stunning selection of Australian native blooms.
– How to work with tropical blooms and foliage from around the globe.
This class is open to everyone and is suitable for all abilities. Our talented teachers will show you all the techniques you need to recreate your designs at home. All materials are provided, and your beautiful creations are yours to take home and enjoy at the end of class.
This class runs for approximately 3-4 hours over a 3 week period at our lavish flower school and production house located in Richmond, a short drive from the Victoria Whitelaw Beautiful Flowers flagship store in South Yarra.
Every student receives a special Masterclass Tool Kit as a gift from us at the beginning of the course.
All the tools you need are also provided and extras are available to purchase separately or in our floristry kits (perfect for a gift for someone special)
Our floristry kits are a beautiful mix of goodies to help start you on your floristry journey:
The Basics – Floristry snips and rose thorn strippers (Pre-purchase price $35 / Purchased in class $40)
The Essentials – Floristry snips, rose thorn strippers, parafilm and a bundle or wire (Pre-purchase price $55 / Purchased in class $65)
The Complete – Floristry snips, rose thorn strippers, parafilm, bundle of wire, ribbon scissors, floristry knife and a Victoria Whitelaw branded black apron with pocket (Pre-purchase price $155 / Purchased in class $170.00)
You are able to pre-purchase our exclusive floristry kits through the online booking process, or alternatively you may contact firstname.lastname@example.org to pre-purchase a kit prior to the commencement of your class.
- How to prepare and care for different types of flowers and foliage
- Each week you will learn a new technique from using a grid system to wiring techniques
- How to work with a various vase types and a variety of flowers and foliage
- Each week you will make something new, learn a new technique and take home a fabulous arrangement
- A Complimentary Victoria Whitelaw School of Flowers Kit, includes Apron, Floristry Snips, Rose Strippers and a few extra tricks of the trade
- All materials needed to create your stunning arrangement are supplied.
- Morning Tea including pastries and seasonal Fruits, Tea & Coffee
- A special invitation to the Victoria Whitelaw Beautiful Flowers flagship store to select beautiful blooms to create your next arrangement. Includes 20% off all flowers bought on the day.
- Just yourself, we provide all materials needed to let your creative side shine
Casual - We will provide you with an apron
Vendor since 2016
Victoria Whitelaw Beautiful Flowers is one of Melbourne’s top florists. We source the finest and freshest blooms from the best local flower farms and overseas growers, and our designers have worked all over the globe in the most prestigious studios combining their skills to create the most lavish work.
Everyday Victoria receives such pleasure from floristry. Working with such a beautiful product of nature and particularly the seasonality is something which constantly excites her. It is with this in mind that she has launched the Victoria Whitelaw School of Flowers.
Celebrate your hens day, a corporate event, a birthday party or just because with the special gift of a ticket to the Victoria Whitelaw Flower School.
Sip French Champagne and nibble on high tea during our day classes and enjoy a selection of savouries and French Champagne in our evening classes.
Learn from our talented teachers from our lavish production house in Richmond. Have a wonderful experience and take home an incredible arrangement.
Private Sessions can be arranged for a corporate event or special private function such as a Kitchen Tea – perfect for spoiling top clients or as a lovely way to let off steam for your end of year staff do.
We’re passionate about what we do and can’t wait to share it with you.
Victoria Whitelaw Flower School requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Victoria Whitelaw Flower School to organise a refund or transfer
REFUNDS, RETURNS AND CANCELLATIONS
Your space at the Victoria Whitelaw School of Flowers will not be confirmed until full payment has been received.
We will email you a reminder about 2 days before your class to confirm but please feel free to email us at email@example.com if you have any queries.
We have minimum and maximum capacity for each scheduled class and in the case of cancellation you will be notify as soon as possible and you will be offered a refund or class transfer.
If you are unable to attend a class for any reason please notified us as soon as possible. We require 24 hours notice from the schedule class time for a refund or we'd be more than happy to schedule you into another class of the same value (or plus or minus any different in class fees) within 6 month period.
We do encourage if you cant attend to assign a friend to take your place and let us know because our classes are an opportunity that shouldn't be missed!