The place to start! Build strength & flexibility plus learn a range of skills, including acro-balance, aerials, hula-hoops, juggling, tumbling & more.
This class is perfect for those who have never done circus and aren't sure what to try!
This is an All Levels class, which means it’s suitable for all fitness and skill levels.
Payments come out at 50% when booking and 50% 4 weeks into term.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for any issues booking
What you will learn
- Learn basic circus techniques and movements
- Performance skills, acro balance, hula hooping, juggling, basic aerials and general coordination skills. The fundamentals of how to approach circus in a healthy fun way.
What you will get
- Vulcana Women’s Circus works with the circus traditions of inclusiveness, strength, excitement, and daring to transform and empower individuals and communities!
What to bring
- A healthy snack, water bottle and your enthusiasm!
- Make sure not to start on an empty stomach, a light meal around an hour before class is generally ideal.
What to wear
Comfortable clothing that won't restrict your movement. Make sure you're ready to go upside down. Ideally pants/ tights longer than knee length. No shoes or socks worn in class.
This class is open to individuals who identify as women, trans, and non-binary genders.
Here at Vulcana Women’s Circus, we run workshops for adults and kids and teens, and we develop community projects with all kinds of different communities, the focus always being on creativity and empowerment through circus. You can book us for gigs, workshops or hire our space at the Stores Studio, Brisbane Powerhouse.
Vulcana’s circus workshop and performance projects engage a broad range of community participants and work in partnership with arts and community organisations to create opportunities for cultural expression and community development. In a safe, playful space we encourage participants to be themselves with joy and push the boundaries of what is achievable as one or in a group.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A transfer can be requested anytime before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 2 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$20.00 applies.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions