- Bernard Schokman, Head of UX & Innovation at Foxley (StartUp), Managing Principal at UX Training, and Academic Sessional at VicUni will be giving a presentation on “User Experience Design for Startups". This presentation spans one hour and is a comprehensive presentation that was created specifically to get Startups across the UX space and help them understand how to quickly and easily approach UX for their product or service.
Some Questions Answered
- What is UX?
- The UX Landscape
- UX Strategy for Startups using Contemporary & Lean UX
- The UX Gap Business of Today
- UX Culture and Why It's Important
- Since 1989, Bernard has spent more than a decade working with a variety of programming languages; he transitioned from development to automated load, performance and system testing; led development teams and business analyst teams on large transformation projects and project-managed teams across different continents. The transition into UX came while on a three-year secondment as a Business Analyst, when asked to support a large BA team with designs for an internal administration CRM and two client facing websites. Over the last six years, business has become of particular interest to Bernard and having a practical passion for UX it was only natural for Bernard’s to blend the flavours of Business and User Experience together. He’s extremely practical, looks at ‘shifting’ business metrics and will often say, “UX is the tool we use to shift a business” because he believes this is the fundamental purpose of User Experience Strategy and Design.
- How to approach UX as a Start-Up
- The UX Workshop Process and how to Integrate UX and Agile in your Startup
- What User Experience Design is all about
Vendor since 2012
The York Butter Factory is the co-working space for Melbourne’s high-potential early-stage technology entrepreneurs.
Established in 2011 inside an 1850s heritage-listed space, York Butter Factory is home to upstarts with bold, global ambitions and clear intentions to change the world.
Named after the original 1855 building, the York Butter Factory is situated on King Street at the base of the Rialto. This brilliant bluestone warehouse is the ultimate juxtaposition of old and new, building tech startups out of one Melbourne’s oldest structures. The 577sqm space is across two floors and has an open plan coworking space, informal collaborative area, meeting rooms, an industrial fridge and room for up to 60 entrepreneurs.
Opening its doors in October 2011, it has established itself at the center of a rapidly growing startup ecosystem in Melbourne. York Butter Factory was co-founded by the partners of Adventure Capital, who run their VC fund out of the space.
YBF already hosts nearly 50 startups largely in the Consumer Internet space. Opportunities to access funding is through its owners’ tech-focused VC fund as well as seed funding provided directly to deserving startups and via the Aurelius Digital angel investment network. There is a culture of collaboration, resource sharing and tough love. Tenants are curated with a view to fill the space with high-potential digital media and web 2.0 startups with a global ambition.
The vision is to become the central hub of the Australian tech startup ecosystem.
York Butter Factory requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email York Butter Factory to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at York Butter Factory or organised by York Butter Factory must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by York Butter Factory.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give York Butter Factory unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at York Butter Factory classes and events or on York Butter Factory's premises. (For use of York Butter Factory marketing materials).
York Butter Factory requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.