Gin is so hot right now! It seems that there is a new one every week and it’s not stopping. But why is this? Why do we all love gin suddenly? And why are they all different?
This evening will be all about gin, where it’s coming from and why they are all so different. For this particular event, we have chosen five gins for you to try, so as to experience the impact of the distillation process and botanicals on the flavour profile.
Here are the five fabulous gins picked for the evening:
• Distillery Botanica Gin, Erina, Australia
• FAIR Gin, Cognac, France
• FAIR Barrel-Aged gin, Cognac, France
• KOVAL Dry Gin, Chicago, USA
• KOVAL Barreled Gin, Chicago, USA
Come along and enjoy this immersive gin experience!
The session includes:
• An introduction to and a brief history of gin as we know it
• A guided tour through each of the five gins with healthy tastings of each
• Tasting notes, cocktail ideas and a take home booklet on all things gin
• Delicious finger food to keep your tummies lined and happy
• A fun entertaining interactive time to be had!
• Special discount exclusive to you to order this product from The Drink Hive
Grégoire Bertaud, our host for the night, will talk about gins and share his knowledge with you. He has been working in the industry for more than a decade in France, the UK and now here in Australia. He grew up in the perfume world in the famous town of Grasse in France as his father was a perfume maker himself. He understands the strong correlation between perfume making and spirits distillation and he knows his nose! Grégoire lives in Australia and is a multi-entrepreneur. He is the owner of Noble Spirits, a beverage distribution company based in Sydney and the co-founder of The Drink Hive, an artisan bottle shop located in Rosebery.
- An introduction to and a brief history of gin as we know it
- A guided tour through each of the five gins with healthy tastings of each
- Tasting notes, cocktail ideas and a take home booklet on all things gin
- Delicious finger food to keep your tummies lined and happy
- Special discount exclusive to you to order this product from The Drink Hive
- Enthusiasm and a love of gin
Vendor sincce 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Northern Rivers, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 72 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. The tickets are fully transferable. Email email@example.com to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit.