Gin is so hot right now! It seems that there is a new one every week and it’s not stopping. But why is this? Why do we all love gin suddenly? And why are they all different?
This evening will be all about gin, where it’s coming from and why they are all so different. For this particular event, we have chosen five gins for you to try, so as to experience the impact of the distillation process and botanicals on the flavour profile.
Here are the five fabulous gins picked for the evening:
• Distillery Botanica Gin, Erina, Australia
• FAIR Gin, Cognac, France
• FAIR Barrel-Aged gin, Cognac, France
• KOVAL Dry Gin, Chicago, USA
• KOVAL Barreled Gin, Chicago, USA
Come along and enjoy this immersive gin experience!
The session includes:
• An introduction to and a brief history of gin as we know it
• A guided tour through each of the five gins with healthy tastings of each
• Tasting notes, cocktail ideas and a take home booklet on all things gin
• Delicious finger food to keep your tummies lined and happy
• A fun entertaining interactive time to be had!
• Special discount exclusive to you to order this product from The Drink Hive
Grégoire Bertaud, our host for the night, will talk about gins and share his knowledge with you. He has been working in the industry for more than a decade in France, the UK and now here in Australia. He grew up in the perfume world in the famous town of Grasse in France as his father was a perfume maker himself. He understands the strong correlation between perfume making and spirits distillation and he knows his nose! Grégoire lives in Australia and is a multi-entrepreneur. He is the owner of Noble Spirits, a beverage distribution company based in Sydney and the co-founder of The Drink Hive, an artisan bottle shop located in Rosebery.