Beginner's Wheel Throwing Series
(+1 more date)
This six-week course will kick off with the foundational skills needed for wheel throwing, and by the end of the term you’ll have created a number of gorgeous works to gift to your loved ones (or keep for yourself).
Ceramic classes at Pink Ember Studio are relaxed, friendly and LGBTQI+ safe, with a maximum capacity of eight participants per class.
There is a sliding scale of prices to provide opportunities for more people to participate in the craft. No make up classes available unless for covid related reasons, please see cancellation and refund policy.
Term 5 dates:
Wednesdays 6-8pm SOLD OUT
October 5, 12, 19, 26
November 2, 9
Thursdays 7-9pm SOLD OUT
October 6, 13, 20, 27
November 3, 10
Saturdays 3pm-5pm (Few spots left!)
October 8, 15, 22, 29
November 5, 12
What you will learn
- Essential Throwing and Trimming Techniques
- Clay Recycling and Wedging technique
What you will get
- Come away at the end of the term with a number of handmade pieces made by you!
Free on street parking on Stock St
What to bring
- Drink bottle
- Hand towel
What to wear
Clothes you don't mind getting dirty! Long fingernails will make wheel throwing difficult
Aoife Billings (she/her) is a Narrm (Melbourne) based ceramist and painter. She has been teaching art workshops for various councils and at her own studio for over seven years. She is the workshop manager at Pink Ember Studio, a queer-run, not-for-profit studio, shop, gallery and workshop venue she founded in Coburg with three other artists during 2018.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 2 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Policy (terms and conditions for you)
- No fill in classes available. Please attend all classes of the series you've booked into.
- LIABILITY WAIVE - Aoife Billings will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into the premises.
- PHOTO & VIDEO - I agree to give Aoife Billings unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at classes and events or on the premises. (Let us know on the day if you don’t want to be photographed)
- BEHAVIOUR - If a participant's behaviour is racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, abusive, violent, threatening or discriminatory, Aoife Billings has the right to ask such person/persons to leave the premises immediately.
- COVID - If you are required to isolate or have Covid during class times, please contact Aoife as soon as possible via firstname.lastname@example.org
Our part of the customer service policy
- To provide a safe, clean, supportive, creative environment in which to learn and develop your craft.
- To provide individual attention as much as possible to each participant, making sure you are getting the most out of your workshop experience.
- We will be on time and attentive
- We will endeavour to respond to customer enquiries or complaints within 24 hours
- If for any reason we have to cancel a class, we will provide the customer with a full refund or credit to attend another workshop.
- Customer complaints will be taken very seriously. If you are unsatisfied in anyway please do not hesitate to let us know. By filling out our consumer survey at the end of the lesson you will be helping us greatly in adjusting our service delivery to the needs of our valued customers.
Wheelchair access to our studio will be available. If a customer requires an assistant such as a disability support worker, or sign language interpreter, they are welcome to bring them to the workshop without additional cost.