Beginner's Wheel Throwing Series
(+2 more dates)
This six-week course will kick off with the foundational skills needed for wheel throwing, and by the end of the term you’ll have created a number of gorgeous works to gift to your loved ones (or keep for yourself). Classes start from $360 per person, with all materials and firing costs included in the price. Nothing extra to pay!
Ceramic classes at Pink Ember Studio are relaxed, friendly and LGBTQI+ safe, with a maximum capacity of eight participants per class.
There is a sliding scale of prices to provide opportunities for more people to participate in the craft. No make up classes available, please see cancellation and refund policy.
TERM 3 SOLD OUT
Email email@example.com and ask to be notified of any cancellations, as well as when term 4 dates come available.
Term 3 dates
July 13, 20, 27
August 3, 10, 17
July 14, 21, 28
August 4, 11, 18
July 16, 23, 30
August 6, 13, 20
Beck Millsom (she/her)
Beck Millsom began crafting handmade ceramics as a form of art therapy in 2019 after completing a Bachelor of Communication Design and navigating single parenthood. Born out of a backyard shed and desire for muddy hands, a cross-over of illustrative applications inspired by tattoo art and mythology on ceramic forms kicked off Beck’s reputation as an emerging ceramic artist in Melbourne, Australia. Under the pseudonym Ophelia Weeps; Beck invites viewers into realms of magic and alchemy. Expanding and integrating knowledge acquired through creative play is the end goal.
What you will learn
- Essential Throwing and Trimming Techniques
- Clay Recycling and Wedging technique
What you will get
- Come away at the end of the term with a number of handmade pieces made by you!
Free on street parking on Stock St
What to bring
- Drink bottle
- Hand towel
What to wear
Clothes you don't mind getting dirty! Long fingernails will make wheel throwing difficult
Aoife Billings (she/her) is a Narrm (Melbourne) based ceramist and painter. She has been teaching art workshops for various councils and at her own studio for over seven years. She is the workshop manager at Pink Ember Studio, a queer-run, not-for-profit studio, shop, gallery and workshop venue she founded in Coburg with three other artists during 2018.
Cancellations & Refunds
Aoife Billings requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class or series for a full refund/exchange for in person workshops. 7 days notice for online workshops. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
No fill in classes available. Please attend all classes of the series you've booked into.
If you are required to isolate or have Covid during class times, please contact Aoife as soon as possible via email@example.com
Terms & Conditions
Policy (terms and conditions for you)
- No fill in classes available. Please attend all classes of the series you've booked into.
- LIABILITY WAIVE - Aoife Billings will not be responsible for any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property brought into the premises.
- PHOTO & VIDEO - I agree to give Aoife Billings unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at classes and events or on the premises. (Let us know on the day if you don’t want to be photographed)
- REFUNDS -Aoife Billings requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund/exchange. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund.
- CANCELLATIONS - In the unlikely event that a class is cancelled, participants will be notified via email and entitled to a full refund or credit. If the customer cancels within 48 hours prior to the workshop or series they will be entitled to transfer their ticket to another day, this privilege will only be applied once for each customer. After this allowance, they will only receive half a refund if they again cancel within 48 hours prior. Customers may allocate someone else to come instead (you can sell your ticket to them). Please notify us of this.
- BEHAVIOUR - If a participant's behaviour is racist, homophobic, transphobic, sexist, abusive, violent, threatening or discriminatory, Aoife Billings has the right to ask such person/persons to leave the premises immediately.
- COVID - If you are required to isolate or have Covid during class times, please contact Aoife as soon as possible via email@example.com
Our part of the customer service policy
- To provide a safe, clean, supportive, creative environment in which to learn and develop your craft.
- To provide individual attention as much as possible to each participant, making sure you are getting the most out of your workshop experience.
- We will be on time and attentive
- We will endeavour to respond to customer enquiries or complaints within 24 hours
- If for any reason we have to cancel a class, we will provide the customer with a full refund or credit to attend another workshop.
- Customer complaints will be taken very seriously. If you are unsatisfied in anyway please do not hesitate to let us know. By filling out our consumer survey at the end of the lesson you will be helping us greatly in adjusting our service delivery to the needs of our valued customers.
Wheelchair access to our studio will be available. If a customer requires an assistant such as a disability support worker, or sign language interpreter, they are welcome to bring them to the workshop without additional cost.