Sterling Silver Textured Earrings
Make three pairs of earrings with different textured surfaces including roller printing and hammering. Roller-printing involves pressing a textured material, be it silk, lace, sand paper or fly-wire into a metal's surface. This is done by rolling the metal and material through a rolling mill. Even the tiniest and most delicate detail can create impressive results. Hammering silver will result in different textures depending on the hammers used. Oxidisation can also be used to create a beautiful contrast with sterling silver that has been hammered and roller-printed.
Make your earrings with your own design.
No previous jewellery making skills are required, so no preparation is necessary!
Silver and earring hooks are included in the class cost.
The class size is 8 students for max. social distancing - COVID-19 requirements.
What you will learn
- Learn how to finish earrings to a retail standard
- Learn how to create contrast on sterling silver through oxidisation
- Learn how to craft beautiful custom textured earrings using a range of processes
What you will get
- Three pairs of earrings (all in sterling silver) depending on time constraints.
What to bring
- No materials or tools required.
What to wear
Jeans/long pants,tee shirt,closed in shoes and hair tired back if long.
16 and over.
COVID-19 Risk Mitigation Strategy -Important
Contemporary Metal implemented a COVID-19 RISK Mitigation Strategy in March 2020. Please refer to our Website under Our Policies for detail.
We are a contemporary jewellery studio and gallery run by local jeweller Philip Noakes, who has over forty years experience in making and teaching in the industry. Philip has exhibited extensively around Australia, and makes his own work and private commisions, as well as teaching from the studio.
Contemporary Metal offers jewellers and students access to a fully equipped studio including: rolling mill, soldering and melting torches, pendant drills, vacuum casting, vulcaniser and wax injector, hydraulic press, lathe, tumbler, polisher, ultrasonic, large dapping sets and lapidary equipment.
We have benches available for hire on a casual, weekly or ongoing basis.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a transfer or credit note.
Contemporary Metal's refund policy is moderate.
- Refunds: You may claim a refund, if you cancel up to 2 days before class starts. A AU$20.00 fee applies.
- Transfers: If you cancel up to 2 days before the start date of the original class, you may transfer to a different class date or another class altogether from the same vendor. Free of charge.
- Credit Notes: You may cancel up to 2 days before class starts and receive a credit note. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Contemporary Metal or organised by Contemporary Metal must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Contemporary Metal.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Contemporary Metal unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Contemporary Metal classes and events or on Contemporary Metal's premises. (For use of Contemporary Metal marketing materials).