CLASS ACCESS THROUGH VR HEADSET OR 2D ACCESS MAC/WINDOWS on ALTSPACEVR NOT LIVESTREAM.
English conversational skill development with Michael McDonald of Gold Lotus and Educators in VR in AltspaceVR.
This VR class is ideal for those expanding their English language skills through interactive discussions. Improve your English skills exploring a home, hotel, nature, and more adventure experiences in this 4 hour workshop across 4 weeks (8 total classes) in AltspaceVR. For more details, see our announcement article.
February 2 - February 24, 2021
Tuesday and Wednesdays
1600 GMT/UK / 1700 CET / 0300 Melbourne / Midnight Hong Kong / 0800 PST / 1100 EST
For over four years, Michael McDonald, founder of Gold Lotus Language Learning has delivered more than 100 free VR English lessons in AltspaceVR, Engage, and other VR platforms. He also teaches specialized workshops and private lessons focused on specific need and skill levels. As a leading expert in VR language education, Michael is the Co-Leader of the Educators in VR vLanguage team project, bringing together experts and educators from around the world to expand their knowledge and skills in virtual reality language learning and techniques.
Educators in VR is joining with Gold Lotus to offer paid English language-based experiences, workshops, and classes. The 4 week course that includes 8 thirty-minute lessons begins in January to help you boost your English skills at the start of the new year.
This online course is hosted in AltspaceVR with Educators in VR. For information on attending an Educators in VR class in virtual reality, see our how to attend an event in VR guide.
During the payment process, you will be asked for the email address you will use to register with AltspaceVR. Please ensure it is the correct email address to ensure entry into the private class.
What you will learn
- Immersive language skill learning and interacting with different real-life situations and environments.
What you will get
- The best gift is learning to break down the communication barriers!
What to bring
- Arrive in VR or 2D access through Windows or Mac and bring your enthusiasm.
What to wear
In VR, there is never a bad hair day.
The course is open to students and business professionals eager to expand their English language skills.
Educators in VR is an open, global, cross-platform community of educators, researchers, and trainers exploring and collaborating with and in virtual and augmented reality. Educators in VR is the connective tissue between academia and businesses in the VR education industry.
We offer classes, workshops, and training in VR on immersive technologies and a wide range of educational topics including creative writing, programming, leadership and personal development, math, science, history, art, you name it.
Our educators teach in VR as well as about VR. We likely have a class for you, and are currently seeking experienced VR users to teach in VR on various subjects.
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Educators in VR requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. Educators in VR has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Educators in VR does not offer refunds, transfers, or makeup sessions for missed classes. If you can't make a class, you can arrange with Educators in VR to send someone else in your place.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Educators in VR, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund, transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Participation in events, classes, workshops, social events, and other activities and projects associated with Educators in VR agree to these terms and conditions. For more information, see Educators in VR Legal policies.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
Participant agrees to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Educators in VR. Participant will also agree to all terms of service on the social VR platform used for the event or activity in line with registration for that platform or service.
Participant agrees to give Educators in VR unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Educators in VR classes and events or on Educators in VR premises for use in marketing, social media, and other company usages.
Participant agrees to adhere to the code of conduct, terms of service, and community standards of the social and educational VR platforms upon which it hosts events. Our rules of conduct encourages respectful behavior that respects cultural, societal, religious beliefs, manners, and customs, free from intolerance, harassment, and bigotry. With freedom of speech comes responsibility, and we respect and appreciate thoughtful and respectful open discussions with that in mind.