Make 6 wearable pieces of art in dichroic glass!
You and your bestie will love the 2 hours you spend together creating a few truly fabulous and unique pieces of dichroic jewellery. This workshop is for 3 people) so come along with your friends and have some fun.
Everything you need to produce 6 unique dichroic pendants/brooches/jewellery pieces is included in this one off price. You don’t need to bring anything with you – this is perfect for absolute beginners. You can make pendants/brooches/jewellery pieces/even cufflinks) its up to you. If you come with a friend you will get a discount.
Your finished wearable art pieces will be posted out to you after they have been fired and finished. (Australian addresses of course). You can come to the studio and collect them if you wish. I'm always delighted to see people open their packages!
During the workshop you will learn the basic skills required to cut art glass, we will talk about design for these small artistic projects, and you will learn about how dichroic glass is created.
You will make six absolutely unique pieces of wearable art. You'll be able to give these jewellery pieces as fabulous gifts.
We will start with base colours; clear, black, scarlet, orange, yellow, grey, white, different blues and greens & turquoises as well. These bases vary are approximately 45mm x 15mm each. This is the beginning of your pendant or your brooch. You will add to this base with a variety of dichroic glass pieces.
I will fire your glass creations after you leave and attach the findings and necklaces to them as well. My website has pictures of the jewellery that has been created in this workshop. Its in an album called Past Workshops on my jenieyolland.com website. Surprise is the element of dichroic glass too!
A variety of teas, mineral water, fortune cookies, coffee and sometimes bubbly is available during the workshop.
Included in the cost is:
- All materials used including
- the dichroic glass
- use of Studio tools
- kiln firing of jewellery
- findings to finish off components
- Cookies, tea, coffee, mineral water and sometimes bubbles as well!
- postage of the finished pendants to any address in Australia.
This workshop offers you and your bestie, an enjoyable experience in a creative, fun and safe environment where you’ll produce pendants of which you are extremely proud!
I look forward to seeing you at the Workshop.
- About dichroic glass how it is made.
- How to design 6 pendants and to utilize the full potential of dichroic glass
- Basic skills required to use glass as an artistic medium.
- Everything to make 6 sparkling unique pendants
- an introduction to the world of wearable art
- Use of all the appropriate studio tools
- a fun time doing somethign different
- coffee, tea & cookies
- your finished jewellery pieces posted to your home
- Just yourself and your enthusiasm!
Please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a tank top) Please wear closed toe shoes. (no thongs). You need to be able to stand securely on both feet for maximum success.
Absolute Beginners Workshop - Level 1 - Everyone - you need to be able to stand securely on both feet in order to successfully cut art glass.
Vendor since 2016
I’m like a kid in a lolly shop. I am endlessly impressed and inspired – by the work of others, by colours and textures, by everything around me, man-made and natural!
There’s so much to see, to interpret into glass!
I love it all. I love sharing it with everyone – that’s why I run workshops – it makes me happy and its my hope that some of this joy spills over to you as well.
I love my job.
You too can create graphic Mondrian-inspired bowls and platters and feminist invoking “Break The Glass Ceiling” pendants, brooches and sometimes earrings in these workshops. You can create an artwork for your walls in the fabulous Heart Art Class.
I love the clash of sometimes crazy and sometimes controlled geometry, that can see in my Paris Elegance series with its DNA centre design element. I suspect they indulge both the conservative and bold characteristics within. These styles can be explored more in the Level 2 classes.
The relationship between the glass elements in each piece means no two pieces are exactly alike, much as no story is ever retold in exactly the same way, so is every piece of glass you create in a workshop. You can truly say, no-one else, anywhere, has one quite like it! You'll also remember that giving a Gift Voucher is another uniuqe gift that expresses the value of your unique friendship.
Ultimately, I am sharing love. The love of life. Share it with me?
If you book into an event and miss it, we can't reschedule or refund the tickets after the fact.
Our classes take careful planning, seats are limited and we cut the glass and prepare the studio based on the number of people. I run a small business and my margins are very tight.
- If the event is more than 48 hours away, you just need to reschedule your ticket and a small processing fee of $5.50 is charged. Please submit this form requesting a transfer to a new class Transfer Form or email me (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the commencement of the workshop.
- If there is a last-minute change in plans (less than 12 hours' notice), then sorry you forfeit the ticket. Alternatively, you can send a friend along and they can use the ticket in your name.
- If there was an extreme emergency, there are some cases in which we can make exceptions to this policy.
- From time to time we need to cancel an event, in this instance we will notify you by email and text your mobile as well. We automatically transfer you into the next event, but you can request any alternative event within the next 3 months.
We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for everyone. Participation in Jenie Yolland's Art glass classes and workshops are at your own risk. Whilst we take every precaution to take reasonable care of our customers, we acknowledge that sometimes glass cutting and the studio environment can pose a risk, and your attendence at our classes waives our liability for any injuries that occur. We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for every body.