To 'play hooky' is to be absent without permission. Who doesn’t want to knock off at noon for whisky? This intimate VIP whisky experience incorporates the best of regional Victorian whisky and urban distilling in Melbourne. Meet the makers, enjoy a leisurely lunch, sample 8+ whiskies, learn about Victoria’s whisky past, present and future, and take home your own bottle of unique cask strength whisky!
Meet at Harry & Frankie, 317 Bay Street Port Melbourne for a 12:30 start. The tour will end at Starward Distillery, 50 Bertie Street Port Melbourne, at approx 16:30.
- Stories of Victoria’s distilling history and craft whisky revival
- Overview of whisky production in regional Victoria from Timboon Railway Shed Distillery owner and head distiller Josh Walker
- In-depth tour of the whisky production process at Starward distillery followed by a whisky appreciation masterclass.
- Hearty 2-course lunch with beer/wine at Harry & Frankie in conversation with Josh Walker, owner and head distiller from Timboon Railway Shed Distillery, plus sampling of his Timboon whisky range;
- The chance to win $155 bottle of the Timboon Port Expression Whisky 500ml (drawn from the tour group);
- VIP tour of Starward distillery and masterclass tasting of Starward’s core range and special projects; Each participant will bottle their own 200mls of unique cask-strength special edition Starward whisky, directly from the barrel;
- Just your enthusiasm!
Everyone interested in a VIP whisky experience
Vendor since 2017
With an enthusiasm for whisky and pride in Australia’s growing craft spirit industry, Southern Whisky Trails is exploring Victoria’s vibrant whisky scene – the distilleries embarking on first releases and gaining international recognition, and the fantastic whisky bars promoting them and sharing rich and subtle flavours from around the globe. We’re interested in the history of this aqua vita and the distilling process, learning about both new and time honoured techniques, and seeing Australia’s whisky story evolve. Whisky is the prism through which we explore the cities and the regions – the scenery, the local produce, distilling trends and the stories and people behind the craft.
Southern Whisky Trails requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Southern Whisky Trails to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Southern Whisky Trails or organised by Southern Whisky Trails must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Southern Whisky Trails.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Southern Whisky Trails unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Southern Whisky Trails classes and events or on Southern Whisky Trails's premises. (For use of Southern Whisky Trails marketing materials).
Southern Whisky Trails requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.