The liquid enamel courses is aimed at anyone interested in working with a different type of enamel, as a way of adding both colour and texture to copper and steel. Liquid enamel can be used in a range of ways – painted, dripped, sgraffitto, layered and ground back, textured and more. In this workshop you will have the opportunity to experiment with all these techniques, using liquid enamel by itself and in conjunction with transparent enamels and other materials. Linda Blair is a tenant at SquarePeg Studios, and is a contemporary jeweller who uses liquid enamel extensively in her practice.
MEET YOUR TUTOR
Linda Blair studied Jewellery and Object design and Jewellery Manufacture at the Design Centre Enmore. Linda works with enamel and currently is creating pieces that replicate gems and gem set jewellery, replacing the stones with enamel. Many of these pieces are based on historic jewellery from the 16th to the 20th century. She is also interested in the addition of colour, line and texture to her work. Linda creates one off pieces, with no two pieces being the same.
- How to use liquid enamel on copper including the following techniques: painting, dripping, scraffito, texturing, scribing & grinding
- A series of copper samples which can be incorporated into jewellery
- Copper sheet for sampling
- Liquid enamels
- All the consumables you need to make your projects (ie saw blades, emery paper and drill bits) as well as all the hand tools and equipment you need.
- Tea or coffee and yummy biscuits
- We provide safety equipment and training on how to use all relevant equipment.
- A notebook and pen/pencil
- An apron
- Covered shoes
- Your ideas and creativity
All students must wear proper enclosed shoes, long pants or skirts and have long hair tied back. Our warehouse has a concrete floor and can be cold in winter (we have some heating!) and hot in summer so please dress appropriately
Perfect for those with jewellery experience and those starting out on their jewellery making journey.
Vendor since 2016
SquarePeg Studios is a Sydney jewellery studio and school, established in 2011, we occupy a 200sq metre warehouse space in Marrickville.
With studio spaces for 14 practising jewellers, a well-equipped workshop and busy jewellery school seeing around 50 students each week, SquarePeg Studios is a participatory community space created by and for the contemporary jewellery network of Sydney.
At SquarePeg Studios we have a passion for contemporary jewellery, we have excellent workshop facilities and a dedicated and talented team of tutors to help you learn everything you need to know to create your own jewellery designs in an inclusive and friendly environment.
Please refer to our Terms and Conditions for our refund policy. If you have any questions please email us at email@example.com.
- The course fees must be paid in full or as a pay in instalments plan on enrolment and are non-refundable.
- In the event that a course is cancelled or oversubscribed, the course fees less the 4.5% non-refundable booking fee may be refunded, alternatively SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the full fees paid to date, which can be applied for any course or workshop. The credit note will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue.
- Our courses are open to students 16 years and older, Jewellery Studio Bench access is open to students 18 years and older.
- It is the responsibility of the student to attend all classes. No make-up classes, refunds or credits are issued for non attendance of all or part of the course or workshop.
- Some of our courses require prior learning, please check the course description thoroughly before enrolling.
COVID - 19 Update to terms and conditions as at 1 May, 2020.
Subject to change as per Government directives.
- In the event a class or workshop cannot proceed due to NSW or Federal Government directives SquarePeg Studios will transfer the student enrolment to the next date on which the course or workshop is scheduled, and notify the student of the change in a timely manner.
- In the case that the new date is not suitable for the student, SquarePeg Studios will issue a credit note for the fees paid to date, which can be applied for any course or workshop. The credit note will be valid for 3 years from the date of issue. No refunds will be permitted.
- Students attending classes or workshops must adhere to latest Government guidelines and agree to follow the directions of SquarePeg Studios directors and tutors with regard to social distancing, wearing of masks and appropriate hygiene measures whilst attending SquarePeg Studios.
- Students must not attend SquarePeg studios if they are unwell, have been in contact with a person that has tested positive to Covid-19 or returned from overseas within the past two weeks.