Have you ever wondered how you make ricotta, fetta, yoghurt or sour cream? Are you ready to feel proud about the beautiful gourmet food you’ll produce at home, whilst knowing exactly what’s inside the cheeses you create, having avoided the sugars, the additives, the preservatives as well as the huge cost factor by creating them at home, just the way you like it? Watch the people you love “Ooooo” and “Ahhhhh!” over artisan made gifts of ribboned jars, filled with garlic or chilli fetta immersed in herbs and aromatic spices, or tall jars of labneh; creamy mini hand rolled yoghurt cheese balls, lovingly bathed in infused oils. And why wouldn’t you share your cheese love, when a quality gift can be made with love for less than a dollar!
You know…there’s nothing like the smell of warm, fresh, creamy ricotta curds whirling in a pot, waiting to be scooped up and nestled on a rusty Ciabatta loaf blessed with lovingly drizzled Western Australian honey. Or a swirl of prosciutto, a twist of freshly cracked pepper and hand torn aromatic mint. Decadent, and truly artisan. Can you believe your Masterchef canapé like this can be ready in less time than it takes to buy ricotta from the store..?
Start thinking about those ricotta recipes, and how you'll devour your fetta...perhaps you'll share your fetta around a table with friends, or on a date at home…passionately pulled apart over slow roasted rosemary infused lamb and crunchy oven roasted potato...Greek mezze style.
Yoghurt is a glorious thing. Warm stewed compote of seasonal fruits laced with cinnamon sticks adorn it…Bircher muesli loves its creaminess and breakfast smoothies want to marry it. Its probiotic richness makes us feel all loved up and good inside. We make ours with no added sugar, but when we’re feeling saucy, we make it with chocolate. Ohhhhh, yessss! Turn your yogurt into a sin free chocolate dipping sauce for your juicy red strawberries, summer bananas or perky peaches. It’s our secret but we’ll be sharing it with you because we’re all about sharing the cheese love.
This course is an absolute classic and great foundation for any home cheese maker so Book now!
- How to make fetta, ricotta, yoghurt, yoghurt cheese and sour cream at home!
- The science behind turning milk into cheese...from milk to cultures and sanitation , and how to prevent common mistakes in home cheese making.
- Heaps of creative recipes and ideas to keep you and your guests deliciously satisfied for years!
- Tastings throughout the day.
- Take home your own block of artisan fetta made in class on the day and a copy of The Cheese Maker’s ‘Classic Delights Home Cheese Making Guide’.
- Your own 'The Cheese Maker' Apron to keep.
- Enjoy your morning and afternoon tea on us.
- Lunch and a glass of chilled wine…and have a few great belly laughs with your new friends!
- An appetite for the artisan life of cheese making…with a big smile!
- Cheese making cultures and equipment will be available for purchase and take home on the day (cash and credit card) - so consider bringing your purse/wallet.
Please come wearing enclosed footwear, long hair tied back and short or fitted sleeves.
Vendor since 2014
Based in Perth, Western Australia, The Cheese Maker runs a range of cheese making courses so you can learn everything you need to know to make everyone’s favourites from home.
In each of our courses you'll watch, learn, and get hands on practice. Most importantly you can trust that you'll be able to re-create what you learn in class time and time again, with our take home guide and follow-on cheese making products and support because it's not just a course, it's the start of your cheese making adventure with us.
The Cheese Maker runs half day and full day classes in home cheese making. No previous experience is required and, if doing multiple courses, can be done in any order. We also run corporate events and are a supplier of cheese making cultures and equipment.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- All payments are final.
- A $50 fee applies to course date transfers and date transfers are not permitted within 14 days of course date. You can however transfer a course to another party.
- All courses are subject to minimum numbers (in the event that minimum course numbers are not reached, you will be notified 7 days prior to course commencement). If your course is postponed by The Cheese Maker due to insufficient numbers you will be given the option to transfer to a future course. If an appropriate date within 3 months cannot be found, you will be offered a full refund.
If you purchase a gift voucher for a course with no course date selected, course credit will be valid for 12 months from date of purchase. If a gift voucher is purchased for a specific course date, the general course refund and transfer policy applies.
Email newsletter subscription
Course participants will automatically be added to The Cheese Maker's graduate email newsletter. Containing news, information and tips for your cheesemaking, this comes out 2-3 times per year and you can unsubscribe at any time.