From milk, to mastering a Mystery Box Challenge... canapés and sparkling wine…and all in a day with this Haloumi Making Course. What a fantastic day and a memorable experience to share with friends!
…That salty, firm and substantial Middle Eastern cheese that marries itself so beautifully lying down into strips, with seasonal asparagus, rolled in pancetta and tossed on the grill, crisping under drizzled extra virgin olive oil…
Or lovingly massaged on a Greek Mezze platter… under a slow sway of basil oil lying next to oven blistered, sweet tree ripened cherry truss tomatoes..? Delicious even more so with some Andrea Bocelli opera in the background and a glass of wine.
Have you ever wondered how to make cheese? Ever wanted to try it for yourself? Is it time to eat more natural foods, without hidden preservatives, or would you just like to offer beautiful foods and gifts to family and friends? If you’re ready to understand the art of cheese making, and also find this exquisite... semi-hard, unripened brined 'squeaky' cheese, purely moreish… you’ll want to learn to make making this time and time again, even it’s to just enjoy all for yourself!
Look like a Masterchef as you quickly put together your own home made haloumi creations when unexpected guests arrive. They will watch on in awe as you all reach over and tear into some fresh crusty bread…and eat artisan style forever.
Enjoy it fresh or brined, baked or fried. ..But I guarantee you, it won’t last long enough in the fridge before you’ll be making another batch, all for a fraction of the cost of what you’d pay at the store!
- How to make delicious haloumi cheese from the beginning to the end product - so you can make it time and time again at home!
- The origins of ‘Haloumi’, milk and other variations to get the haloumi you want.
- Heaps of creative recipes and canapé ideas to expand your home entertaining repertoire to keep you and your guests deliciously satisfied for years!
- Take home your own home made block of Haloumi and The Cheese Maker’s edition of ‘How to Make Haloumi at Home’
- Enjoy your freshly made meal made from your very own hand made haloumi…and a few great belly laughs with your new friends!
- Your own 'The Cheese Maker' Apron to keep
- Enjoy canapés and sparkling wine
- An appetite for the artisan life of cheese making…with a big smile!
- Cheese making cultures and equipment will be available for purchase and take home on the day (cash and credit card) - so consider bringing your purse/wallet.
Please come wearing closed toe shoes, long hair tied back and short or fitted sleeves.
Vendor since 2014
Based in Perth, Western Australia, The Cheese Maker runs a range of cheese making courses so you can learn everything you need to know to make everyone’s favourites from home.
In each of our courses you'll watch, learn, and get hands on practice. Most importantly you can trust that you'll be able to re-create what you learn in class time and time again, with our take home guide and follow-on cheese making products and support because it's not just a course, it's the start of your cheese making adventure with us.
The Cheese Maker runs half day and full day classes in home cheese making. No previous experience is required and, if doing multiple courses, can be done in any order. We also run corporate events and are a supplier of cheese making cultures and equipment.
Anyone partaking in classes or events at The Cheese Maker or organised by The Cheese Maker must agree to these terms and conditions.
1) CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
All payments are final.
A $50 fee applies to course date transfers and date transfers are not permitted within 14 days of the course date. You can, however, transfer a course to another party at any time at no cost.
All courses are subject to minimum numbers. In the event that minimum course numbers are not reached you will be notified 7 days prior to course commencement. If your course is postponed due to insufficient numbers you will be offered alternative dates. If an appropriate date within 3 months cannot be found, you will be offered a refund.
2) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give The Cheese Maker publishing rights for photographs or videos taken at The Cheese Maker classes and events (For use of The Cheese Maker marketing materials).
3) EMAIL NEWSLETTER SUBSCRIPTION
Course participants will automatically be added to The Cheese Maker's graduate email newsletter. Containing news, information and tips for your cheesemaking, this is typically 2-3 times per year and you can unsubscribe at any time.