Haloumi Cheese Making Course, $215
From crafting your own haloumi from start to end to enjoying freshly cooked haloumi, canapés and sparkling wine, the Haloumi Cheese Making Course is a fantastic day and memorable experience to share with old and new friends!
…That salty, firm and substantial Mediterranean cheese that marries itself so beautifully lying down into strips, with seasonal asparagus, rolled in pancetta and tossed on the grill, crisping under drizzled extra virgin olive oil…
Or lovingly massaged on a Greek Mezze platter… under a slow sway of basil oil lying next to oven blistered, sweet tree ripened cherry truss tomatoes..? Delicious even more so with some Andrea Bocelli opera in the background and a glass of wine.
Have you ever wondered how to make cheese? Ever wanted to try it for yourself? Is it time to eat more natural foods, or would you just like to offer beautiful foods and gifts to family and friends? If you’re ready to understand the art of cheese making, and also find this exquisite... semi-hard, unripened brined 'squeaky' cheese, purely moreish… you’ll want to make this time and time again, even it’s to just enjoy all for yourself!
Enjoy it fresh or brined, baked or fried. ..But we guarantee you, it won’t last long enough in the fridge before you’ll be making another batch, all for a fraction of the cost of what you’d pay at the store!
What you will learn
- How to make delicious haloumi cheese from the beginning to the end product - so you can make it time and time again at home!
- How to make ricotta from your leftover whey
- Creative recipes and canapé ideas to expand your home entertaining repertoire to keep you and your guests deliciously satisfied for years!
What you will get
- Take home your own home made block of Haloumi and The Cheese Maker’s edition of ‘How to Make Haloumi at Home’
- Enjoy your freshly made meal made from your very own hand made haloumi…and a few great belly laughs with your new friends!
- Enjoy canapés and sparkling wine
Free parking is available at the rear of the building.
What to bring
- An appetite for the artisan life of cheese making…with a big smile!
- Cheese making cultures and equipment will be available for purchase and take home on the day (cash and credit card) - so consider bringing your purse/wallet.
What to wear
Please come wearing closed toe shoes, long hair tied back and short or fitted sleeves.
Based in Perth, Western Australia, The Cheese Maker runs a range of cheese making courses so you can learn everything you need to know to make everyone’s favourites from home.
In each of our courses you'll watch, learn, and get hands on practice. Most importantly you can trust that you'll be able to re-create what you learn in class time and time again, with our take home guide and follow-on cheese making products and support because it's not just a course, it's the start of your cheese making adventure with us.
The Cheese Maker runs classes in home cheese making. No previous experience is required and, if doing multiple courses, can be done in any order. We also run corporate events and are a supplier of cheese making cultures and equipment.
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
You’re welcome to send someone in your place.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.