Over six hours in total, you'll make a pair of pants that feature a flat front, low waist and wide leg. Students will use overlockers, learn how to apply interfacing, finish the waist with a facing, insert an invisible zip in the side seam and how to get great looking results.
The pants in the image above have been styled for Winter's cool days, they are made from a medium weight grey wool. You can see more photos of these pants - click here.
Our pattern waist measurement covers from a 68cm to 108cm. If you wish to make pants outside this range, please email us and we will grade a pattern ready for your workshop.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Measurements, pattern placement, transferring markings
- Fusing interfacing, using overlockers
- Sewing an invisible zip, finish with waist facing
- Instructions to make the pants
- A copy of the pattern
- A pair of flattering pants with a wide leg
- 20+cm invisible zip in matching colour
- .3 metres of interfacing for waist facing
- Matching sewing machine thread
- 2.5 meters of fabric. Suggested fabrics: Cotton drills and medium weight cottons, wool and wool blends, cotton sateens... The slightest amount of stretch will give a great fit.
✄ for students who have completed Sewing Basics Weeks 1-3 and are confident enough to learn a few new techniques
Vendor since 2013
Have you played with the idea of learning to sew? Do you day dream about making your own clothes?
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here. Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Thread Den is located at Level 1, 329 Brunswick Street, Fitzroy. Start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, or find your own unique style.
Bookings and Cancellations Policy Link - http://www.threadden.com/_pages/bookings_cancellations.html
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
On occasion, Thread Den is forced to cancel a class due to low booking numbers. We really don't like to do this as we love to teach people to sew, knit and crochet, but if we don't cover our costs we can't run the class. In instances where Thread Den must cancel a class, enrolled participants will be notified 24 hours or more prior to the scheduled class and will receive a credit for a replacement class or a refund as required.
There are no refunds due to change of mind.
Cancellations of Bookings Policy
- If you provide notice seven or more days prior to the start of your course, you will need to pay an administration fee of $10.
- Cancellations or changes made with less than seven days notice before the start of a course, will forfeit 50% of the paid class fee.
- Cancellations or changes made less than 48 hours prior to class commencement will forfeit the full course fee paid.
If you miss the second or subsequent sessions of course, you cannot be reimbursed for that session. You are encouraged to come in and use the Sewing Lounge during hours so you hopefully still finish your project.
Transfers of your course or workshop booking to a friend or family are fine.
Classes at Thread Den frequently become fully booked, so we require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place.
Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the store in cash, EFT or credit card or even via credit card over the phone.
Unfortunately, we can't tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
Thank you for reading all the details.