12 hour course where you make a beautiful boned bodice. This is an opportunity to take your skills to the next level creating a structured bodice with interfacing, underlining, lining and boning! - all with the support of your teacher.
There are so many benefits to learning how to create structure in a bodice, here are just a few:
- Want to make a firm fitting vintage style dress? You'll achieve smooth lines with a great fit by incorporating boning through a structured bodice.
- Want to make a sleeveless dress that you don't need to grab hold of and hitch up all night? A structured bodice with waist stay, boning and underlining is the answer!
- Want to make a special dress that will accomodate fluctuations in your weight? The rouleau loops and lace up back with a modesty panel will solve this problem.
- Looking for a bodice for the boudoir, or for burlesque or pole dancing with smooth panel lines? Here is your pattern!
- Want to learn how to get perfect results on bodice princess seams? We'll show you how.
- Want to know how to use steel spiral boning, boning channels, finish the ends or use poly-sew-in boning? We'll be covering it all.
There are so many techniques learnt through the making of this bodice, you will be able to incorporate them into a huge variety of your sewing projects.
The bodice style laces up in the back through a series of self fabric rouleau loops and has a modesty panel in the centre back, it can easily include straps if preferred, is fully lined as well as underlined, and includes boning for incredible structure. This style is perfect for adaptation into gowns, it could be worn over a blouse paired with jeans, the kicker in costumes, or something very special for the boudoir!
Learn about using spiral steel boning and sew-in poly-boning.
Styling Ideas & Notes On Supplies: AussieCorsetSupplies (shapewell, boning, lacing ribbons, boning casings...), Jimmy Buttons - 375 George St Fitzroy (trims, lacing ribbon), Clearit - 188-192 Brunswick St Fitzroy (discounted cute lining fabrics), M Recht - 53-57 Cambridge St Collingwood (boning, tapes, biasbindings, straps). Email us at info@ThreadDen.com as well, as we often have steel spiral boning and more in stock.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
Grab yourself a Thread Den membership and take advantage of the discount - click here to read more.
- Taking measurements and choosing the right size, sewing a toile, pattern placement and transferring markings, cutting technique.
- Discover the supplies that go into a corset; create structure with shapewell and different types of boning
- Fusing interfacing, sewing bust curves and creating the perfect line of rouleau loops.
- A copy of the pattern
- Instructions to making a corset
- A beautiful boned bodice made by you!
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- 1 metre of medium weight fabric (the outside of your corset)
- 1 metre of medium weight lining fabric
- 1 metre lightweight fusible interfacing
- 1 metre lightweight sew in shapewell or calico
- 6 metres lacing ribbon
- 3 metres of boning casing (petersham ribbon, bias binding, or tubular boning casing)
- 3 metres of spiral steel or sew-in boning
- Full list will be include in your confirmation email
✄✄✄ Perfect for students who have used sewing patterns and made a few garments alike our Circle Skirt or Sigma Dress
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew and make your own clothes.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here.
Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/