In this Wrap Skirt Workshop, you will make a flattering and simple skirt over six hours. This skirt doesn't have any zips, features twin stitching detail and making buttonholes with a one-step-button hole setting.
For fabric choice and styling inspiration - click here for our pinterest board.
This is a great choice if you are looking to make your first garment and have taken our Sewing Basics Course (or similar).
While making the wrap skirt you will sew waist darts, use overlockers, use the buttonhole foot and learn how to use twin needles. The skirt finishes with a waist facing.
Style it for Winter, choose wool blends and heavier weight fabrics, the skirt can also be lengthened for a little more cool weather coverage.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
- Measurements, pattern markings, placement, transferring markings
- Sewing button holes, what is a facing and hemming
- Fusing interfacing, stitching waist darts, using twin needles and finishing seams
- A copy of the pattern
- A super wearable skirt that sits on your waist and looks adorable
- Instructions to make the skirt
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- Matching sewing machine thread & optional contrasting thread for your twin stitching detail
- 3 feature buttons (as big as you like!)
- 3 flat style buttons (approximately 1cm wide) for the inside of your skirt
- 1.8m of woven fabric. If you have a directional print or nap to your fabric you should buy more.
- 40cm fusible interfacing
✄ Perfect for students who have completed our Sewing Basics Course and want to learn several new techniques and skills
Mid to heavy weight woven fabric: cotton drill, denim, wool blends, cotton sateen.
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew and make your own clothes.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here.
Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
Cancellations or Request for Change:
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants cancelling their booking up until seven (7) days prior to the course or workshop start date will receive a refund less a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to change received less than 7 days before an event will incur a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Requests to cancel received less than 7 days before an event will receive a partial refund – incurring a 30% administration fee (including GST).
- Cancellation or requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Any refunds are made to the original method of payment.
Last updated 22nd May 2019.
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/