In this Sigma Dress Workshop, you will make a modern and beautiful pattern from Papercut Patterns over 9 hours. The Sigma dress features bust darts, waist and back darts. AND pockets! Every garment is better with pockets!
You'll cover several techniques while making this dress; darts, gathers, invisible zips and learn how to set in sleeves... it is ideal for students who have made a garment or two like our Simple Shell Dress or A Line Skirt. While making the dress you will learn to use overlockers to finish fabric edges and use an invisible zip foot.
Workshop skill levels explained – click here.
What to wear it with: Perfect with Papercut's Sapporo Coat - click to view.
- Taking measurements and choosing the right size, pattern placement and transferring markings, cutting technique.
- Finishing seams with an overlocker, and pressing for professional results.
- Stitching perfect bust and waist darts. Sewing an invisible zip. How to sew gathers and facings, and set in sleeves.
- A stylish modern dress made by you
- Instructions to make the shift dress
- A copy of the pattern
- Level 1, 329 Brunswick St, Fitzroy. Look for the red door.
- Most Brunswick St parking is ticketed & max' 2hrs. However, longer time parking is available in the paid Coles Car Park.
- Public Transport is the ideal way to get here - jump on the 11 tram & get off at Johnston St.
- .3 metres of light weight fusible interfacing
- 55+cm invisible zipper
- Woven fabric >140cm wide - 1.3 metres, or <140cm 1.8 metres
- Matching sewing machine thread
✄✄ Perfect for students who know how to use a sewing machine and have made items like our Simple A Line Skirt or PJ Pants
Light to medium weight woven fabrics. Cotton, Silk, Linen, Woolsuiting
Vendor since 2013
Learn to sew and make your own clothes.
Located on Melbourne's vibrant Brunswick Street, in Fitzroy. At Thread Den you can start at the very beginning, take your skills to the next level, and find your own unique style.
At Thread Den it's just like a friend (a super nice clever one) teaching you and a few friends to sew. There is no need to clear off a space and find somewhere to work at home. When you come in; take advantage of having all the equipment on hand, lovely big cutting tables, smooth running Janomes with plenty of feet accessories, inspiring resources, and friendly people to chat to. Everything is right here.
Students simply need to bring along their fabric, matching thread and notions like buttons, zips, etc. Your teachers have years of experience, their own labels and businesses, and the desire to share their skills and craftsmanship with you.
Want to receive our lovely emails? You should join our mailing list. There is an easy sign up box on the homepage of our website.
- Cancellation requests received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start are not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
- All cancellations are subject to a 25% cancellation fee.
- Refunds will be processed back to the original payment method less the 25% fee.
- Refunds are processed as soon as notification of cancellation is received, allow approximately 3 days for your banking institution to show the refund to your account.
Request for Transfer:
- Bookings (without date changes) are fully transferrable to another person without incurring any penalty.
- Participants may request a transfer to their booking without penalty up until fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date.
- Participants transferring their booking within fourteen (14) days prior to the course or workshop start date incur a $10 administration fee.
- Requests to transfer received the day before, the day of, or any time after a course start will not be eligible for a refund, are not eligible for transfer, and are not eligible for credit towards another course.
Notice periods above are based on your original booking date, if a transfer has been made, the notice periods do not reset.
Effective 1 November 2019
This policy is available for viewing on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/
We require full payment to be made at the time of booking to secure your place. Payment can be made conveniently online with credit card, or at the studio in cash, EFT or credit card.
Unfortunately, we can’t tentatively hold or pencil in places without payment.
The full terms and conditions are available on our website - https://threadden.com/about/bookings-and-cancellations-policy/