Sometimes you just need some help and fresh eyes on a project. So come along and sew with others while having the guidance of a sewing teacher!
Whether you are a beginner or an intermediate sewist, this is a time for you to focus on that tricky technique, pattern or skill.
It's a chance to get that project you have been wanting to tackle for ages, started and hopefully finished!
Skill level: You will need to know how to thread and run your sewing machine and have a good grasp of sewing with seam allowances and the construction of a garment. If you have done a beginner or next step class with me, this class is for you!
What happens in our 5 hours:
- We will dissect your pattern and look at the jargon in the instructions
- We will break down the instructions in much more manageable and easy to understand steps
- We will focus on learning new skills.
What is included:
- 5 hours of expert tuition with only 3-6 students in the class
- A fun and engaging atmosphere
- Copius cups of tea and coffee and even baked treats!
What you need to bring
- The pattern and fabric you want to work on. Please send me an email with the project you want to work on and tell me what level you are at so that I can get an idea of what everyone will bring.
- Your machine along with all it's power cords and the foot pedal -- If you need to hire a machine, you can add this to your cart - please see here
- The machines accessories, especially all the feet
Your fabric scissors and sewing kit - if you don't have one, you can buy one here and have it waiting for you in the class.
What you will learn
- Your teacher will dissect your pattern and the jargon in the instructions and break them down in a much more manageable and easy to understand steps. So many new skills to learn
What you will get
- 5 hours of expert tuition with only 3-6 students in the class plus a fun and engaging atmosphere plus Copius cups of tea and coffee!
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- The pattern and fabric you want to work on plus your machine (along with all its power cords, the foot pedal and accessories like feet), plus your fabric scissors and sewing kit.
What to wear
Skill level: beyond beginner
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 5 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 5 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$25.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).