Beginner PJ Pants
Okay, so you can thread your machine, you may have made a couple of things...But what next?
Let's take it up a notch and build on some skills.
As this is still a beginner lesson, we will still take it slow but we will focus more on learning about patterns, construction, sewing skills and finishing garments.
We will make a lovely pair of easy PJ pants or shorts.
Skill Level: If you have taken a beginner workshop with me, this is PERFECT next step.
What you will learn
- How to improve those straight seams with the correct seam allowance and zig zag the edges
- Pattern layout and jargon. Plus Construction and putting the pieces together in what order.
- Trouble shoot basic machine problems
What you will get
- 5 hours of expert tuition with only 3-6 students in the class
- Sewing Pattern with instructions to take home
- One spool of Gutermann quality thread
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- Your machine (nice and clean with all it's power cords and the foot pedal) & your fabric scissors and sewing kit
- Your lunch - a fridge, microwave and sandwich is available
- One metre of light cotton fabric - Don’t stress if you can't get to the shops, you can purchase from our store on the day, via cash or card!
What to wear
Wear comfy clothes and shoes!
Beginners, Adult, 16yrs+
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 5 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 5 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$25.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).