Zips & Buttonholes Masterclass
Zips and Buttonholes. Two techniques that can stop sewists in their tracks. We've got news for you....they aren't that scary! So let us demystify them both for you and make you a pro!
We've got two masterclasses in one for you - Zips in the morning and Buttonholes in the afternoon!
Zippers are very important in sewing but often we are a bit scared to tackle them. So we are going to break down the steps to really easy steps to a perfect zipper.
We'll focus on the two most used types of zips, lapped, centred and invisible, so you'll have the confidence to tackle any project.
Once you have these skills mastered, and there is enough time, we'll whip up a cute boxy zippered pouch!
Spoiler alert....The hardest part of buttonholes is making sure they are straight. It's not the actual sewing of them!
We'll tackle the actual sewing of the buttonhole and then master the spacing and layout of them next!
Skill level: You will need to know how to thread and run your sewing machine and have a basic grasp of sewing with seam allowances.
What you will learn
- How to use use zipper foot and the buttonhole foot
- How to sew 3 types of zips - lapped, centred and invisible. And when and where we use them in our garments
- How to sew a buttonhole and line them up on your garment.
What you will get
- 5.5 hours of expert tuition with max 6 students in the class
- All materials including an invisible zip foot
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- Your trusty machine (nice and clean with all the power cords and the foot pedal) & your fabric scissors and sewing kit
- Your machines Zipper and Buttonhole foot.
What to wear
Wear comfy clothes and shoes!
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 5 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 5 days before the class starts. An admin fee of AU$25.00 applies.
- A credit note can be requested 5 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).