Zips and Buttonholes. Two techniques that can stop sewists in their tracks. We've got news for you....they aren't that scary! So let us demystify them both for you and make you a pro!
We've got two masterclasses for you - Zips in the morning and Buttonholes in the afternoon! Book one, book both!
ZIPPERS - 3 hour class
Zippers are very important in sewing but often we are a bit scared to tackle them. So we are going to break down the steps to really easy steps to a perfect zipper.
We'll focus on the two most used types of zips, lapped, centred and invisible, so you'll have the confidence to tackle any project.
Once you have these skills mastered, and there is enough time, we'll whip up a cute boxy zippered pouch!
BUTTONHOLES - 2.5 hour class
Spoiler alert....The hardest part of buttonholes is making sure they are straight. It's not the actual sewing of them!
We'll tackle the actual sewing of the buttonhole and then master the spacing and layout of them next!
Skill level: You will need to know how to thread and run your sewing machine and have a basic grasp of sewing with seam allowances.
Saturday 28 August - book one session, or book both (stay for lunch in between sessions!)
Zipper Masterclass 930am - 1230pm
Buttonhole Masterclass 1.30-3pm
$120 each session $185 for both
What you will learn
- How to use use zipper foot and the buttonhole foot
- How to sew 3 types of zips - lapped, centred and invisible. And when and where we use them in our garments
- How to sew a buttonhole and line them up on your garment.
What you will get
- 5.5 hours of expert tuition with max 6 students in the class
- All materials including an invisible zip foot
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- Your trusty machine (nice and clean with all the power cords and the foot pedal) & your fabric scissors and sewing kit
- Your machines Zipper and Buttonhole foot.
What to wear
Wear comfy clothes and shoes!
Usefulbox Sewing School has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
- Refund and transfer requests. Refunds, transfers or credit will not be processed if you cancel within 48 hours of the class or event commencing. To request a refund or transfer, Usefulbox Sewing School requires at least 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise.
- Partial refunds. At our discretion, Usefulbox Sewing School has the right to issue a partial refund, (i.e., A % of the total order) and to retain any booking and processing fees associated with the order.
- Missed classes. Usefulbox Sewing School does not offer refunds for missed classes. If you can't make a class, we can try to organise a make up class within the current timetable. If you cannot make any of those classes, we cannot do a make up class.
- Cancelled class/event. In the event that a class is cancelled by Usefulbox Sewing School, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a transfer or credit.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).
3.) REFUNDS, TRANSFERS & RESCHEDULES
Usefulbox Sewing School requires 48 hours notice in writing (email@example.com) prior to the class commencing for a refund, transfer or credit.
If you don't let us know that you will miss the class, the total fee will be forfeited.
If you miss a class within a course, we will make every effort to do a make up class within our current timetable. If you cannot make any classes on the schedule, to make up your class, the class you missed will be forfeited.
If the product you have bought from Usefulbox sewing school is faulty, you will be refunded. If you wish to exchange and the product is unused, we can facilitate an exchange or a credit note.
In the event that a class is cancelled by Usefulbox Sewing School, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a transfer or credit.