Stretch Essentials - Basic T-Shirt
It's that time of year - learning new skills to make stretch t-shirts for Summer! It's easier than you think!
Learn all the essentials in this 6.5 hour workshop, and walk away with a super dooper T-shirt, the Dawson by Helen's Closet (View A).
Stretch sewing is all about tension, needles and the right stitch. We'll look at those first to understand the theory.
Then we'll get cracking and cut out our T-shirt (see LOADS of examples here). We'll focus on seam allowances when we sew it up along with perfecting those necklines.
Once you have these skills mastered, you can take on any stretch project with confidence and ease!
Size range: This pattern includes two size options. There is a B-cup pattern from sizes 0-22 and a D-cup pattern from sizes 12-34.
Skill level: You will need to know how to thread and run your sewing machine and have a basic grasp of sewing with seam allowances and the construction of a garment.
What you will learn
- Why we use a ballpoint needle and a special stitch, What fabrics are best to use
- Pattern layout and cutting
- Construction including pockets
What you will get
- 6.5 hours of expert tuition with only 4-5 students in the class
- A printed sewing Pattern with instructions to take home
During the week, parking can be tricky. It is often best to stop at our door and bring your machine in and then find a park.
During the weekend, there is usually lots of parking on Jabez Street or Shepherd Street.
We are serviced by the M30, 423, 426 and 428 bus.
We are approx 20min walk from Sydenham or Stanmore Station
What to bring
- Your machine (with all it's power cords and the foot pedal) & your fabric scissors and sewing kit
- Your lunch - a fridge, microwave and sandwich is available
- Fabric requirements are set out in the booking confirmation email
What to wear
Wear comfy clothes and shoes!
Usefulbox Sewing School has an average rating of 5.0 for their other classes.See other reviews
Cancellations & Refunds
You are entitled to a full refund.
- A refund can be requested 2 days before class starts. Free of charge.
- A transfer can be requested 48 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
- A credit note can be requested 48 days before the class starts. Free of charge.
No changes will be allowed after these times.
We recommend the refund upgrade option upon checkout in case you’re not able to attend the class. Learn more about refund upgrade option.
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Usefulbox Sewing School or organised by Usefulbox Sewing School must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Usefulbox Sewing School
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Usefulbox Sewing School unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Usefulbox Sewing School classes and events or on Usefulbox Sewing School premises. (For use of Usefulbox Sewing School marketing materials).