Hey! My names Cam Scott and I’m an artist / professional printmaker. Currently I’m finishing off my honours year at COFA, have my own silkscreen business and just generally froth on all things screen. So I’m keen to spread the love and teach you about the awesome things a silkscreen can do.
Most people usually associate silkscreen with Tshirts and posters but over the last 5 years I’ve been exploring the untapped potential for silkscreen, printing all kinds of crazy things in the process. Skateboards, computers, bars, cars, surfboards and a fair few walls around Sydney as well so if your interested or just want to print something of your own – SCREAM SCREEN.
- Class run through of how silkscreen / preparation / exposing works.
- Class explanation / demonstration of how silkscreen printing works.
- Personal explanation of your own screen / best ways to print your design.
- Personal help printing whatever you want!
(Maybe some sneaky street screening at conclusion if people are keen!)
About Cam Scott
Don’t leave any valuable materials lying around because if this guy finds it he’ll probably take it home and turn it into his next art project – which isn’t actually a bad thing, so maybe do leave your stuff out… Sourcing materials from the surrounding environment, council clean ups, or anything that happens to be sitting on the side of the road, Cam Scott gives life to once discarded materials and turns them into… well anything.
- How silkscreen/preparation/exposing works
- Explanation/demonstration of how silkscreen printing works
- Personal explanation of your own screen and the best ways to print your design
- Inks fill
- Practice paper
- Masking tape
- Screen designs (must be submitted a week in advance to email@example.com)
- Any acrylic paint colours you’d like to print with.
- Clothes to print in
- Things to print: Clothes/nice paper/anything flat, smooth and preferably porous
- (I will try and help you print anything and everything but there are some things that just are not made from screen printing. i.e – Don’t bring your bike)
Casual (Warning: It might get messy!)
Vendor since 2014
Work-Shop is a creative concept that will broaden your horizons and help you unleash your inner awesome. We provide affordable short courses in life skills and alternative art. We’ve teamed up with Australia’s brightest creative minds to share their knowledge and help teach you a new skill.
From printmaking and stencil art through to music and gardening. From life skills and personal development through to blending tea and parkour, we offer a broad range of fun and creative short courses to suit our time poor lives. We will inspire you to pick up that pen, paintbrush, hammer or sewing machine and flick the switch that will kickstart a whole new way of life.
Locations: Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide & Fremantle
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. If you do miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund or transfer.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes, however, let’s face it… sometimes shit happens! Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Work-Shop or organised by Work-Shop must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
- Any damage, loss or theft incurred to personal property property brought into Work-Shop’s premises.
- Any physical injuries sustained as a result of participating in any class or event organised by Work-Shop.
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Work-Shop.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Work-Shop unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Work-Shop classes and events or on Work-Shop’s premises. (Don’t worry, we’ll only these use to show others how much of a rad time you’re having through social media, newsletters, blogs, website and general Work-Shop promo material)
Work-Shop requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer. If you miss this window, earn some extra karma points and give your ticket to one of your buddies. Email email@example.com to organise a refund.
We’ll do our darndest to run all scheduled classes. Most of our classes must have a minimum of 5 participants before we can put them on. In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.