Introduction to Wine Course - 5 Week Course
Our 5 week Introduction to Wine Course has been rated Melbourne's best.
Join us as we learn and taste across all facets of wine appreciation including a week each focusing on Champagne & Sparkling Wines, White, Red, Sweet & Fortified Wines and Ageing.
This interactive wine course covers a broad range of wine topics directly related to the process of winemaking from vine to bottle to table. Learn the subtleties and nuances of the different styles.
Each week features a structured tasting of a themed selection of wines to give participants an understanding of grape variety, region, viticulture and winemaking practices and their impact on price, quality and ageworthiness.
Week 1: Sensory Evaluation, Palate Construction and Sparkling Wines and Champagne
Week 2: Vineyard to Winery / White Wines
Week 3: Winemaking Processes & External Winemaking Practices / Red Wines
Week 4: Dessert /Fortified Wines / Regions & Varieties
Week 5: Aged Wines / The Synergy of Wine and Food / The Art of Wine Purchasing and Cellaring
On Week 5, the group visits a local restaurant where a wide range of styles are looked at with food. The cost of the meal is $49, payable direct to the restaurant on the evening.
- Learn how to taste across all facets of wine appreciation
- Learn how to understand the process of wine making from vine to bottle
- Learn how to analyse the subtleties and nuances of the different styles
Vendor sincce 2013
Armadale Cellars is about providing you with a memorable experience. Their courses in Melbourne are legendary for information, cutting edge wines and an awesome social atmosphere. Armadale Cellars has been a wine educator for almost 20 years.
As one of Melbourne's leading independant retailer, Armadale Cellars team is led by Roseworthy graduate Phil Hude who is renowned for his no-nonsense and no-compromise attitude to wine as well as securing some of the leading figures in Australia wine industry to help present his informative and fun-filled courses and special events.
1. Participants can change the date of their course, if requested, up to one calendar week before the commencement of the course. No refunds can be given for events or courses within one week of commencement.
2. We request that all participants park on High Street (where there are no parking restrictions after 6.30pm) when attending a wine course or event.
3. Gift certificate valid within 12 months of purchase. Certificates are not redeemable for cash or wine.