Introduction to Wine Course - 5 Week Course
Our 5 week Introduction to Wine Course has been rated Melbourne's best.
Join us as we learn and taste across all facets of wine appreciation including a week each focusing on Champagne & Sparkling Wines, White, Red, Sweet & Fortified Wines and Ageing.
This interactive wine course covers a broad range of wine topics directly related to the process of winemaking from vine to bottle to table. Learn the subtleties and nuances of the different styles.
Each week features a structured tasting of a themed selection of wines to give participants an understanding of grape variety, region, viticulture and winemaking practices and their impact on price, quality and ageworthiness.
Week 1: Sensory Evaluation, Palate Construction and Sparkling Wines and Champagne
Week 2: Vineyard to Winery / White Wines
Week 3: Winemaking Processes & External Winemaking Practices / Red Wines
Week 4: Dessert /Fortified Wines / Regions & Varieties
Week 5: Aged Wines / The Synergy of Wine and Food / The Art of Wine Purchasing and Cellaring
On Week 5, the group visits a local restaurant where a wide range of styles are looked at with food. The cost of the meal is $49, payable direct to the restaurant on the evening.
- Learn how to taste across all facets of wine appreciation
- Learn how to understand the process of wine making from vine to bottle
- Learn how to analyse the subtleties and nuances of the different styles
Smart casual attire
All wine lovers
Vendor since 2013
Armadale Cellars is about providing you with a memorable experience. Their courses in Melbourne are legendary for information, cutting edge wines and an awesome social atmosphere. Armadale Cellars has been a wine educator for almost 20 years.
As one of Melbourne's leading independant retailer, Armadale Cellars team is led by Roseworthy graduate Phil Hude who is renowned for his no-nonsense and no-compromise attitude to wine as well as securing some of the leading figures in Australia wine industry to help present his informative and fun-filled courses and special events.
There are no refunds for Courses & Events.
If you are unable to attend an event or course at Armadale Cellars you must inform us at a minimum 1 full week (7 days) prior in writing/email and we can transfer you to another course or event. After that, it is your responsibility to fill the spot with a friend or family member.
No transfers will be given within 1 week of the course/event start date.
1. There are no refunds for Courses & Events.
2. If you are unable to attend an event or course at Armadale Cellars you must inform us at a minimum 1 full week (7 days) prior in writing/email and we can transfer you to another course or event. After that, it is your responsibility to fill the spot with a friend or family member.
3. No transfers will be given within 1 week of the course/event start date.
4. We request that all participants park on High Street (where there are no parking restrictions after 6.30pm) when attending a wine course or event.
5. Gift certificate valid within 12 months of purchase. Certificates are not redeemable for cash or wine.