The Loire Valley is known as the ‘Garden of France’ thanks to its mild climate, fertile soils and ready access to water. It is also one of France’s great wine-growing regions, recognised for is stylish and fresh, dinner table friendly wines.
No other region in France matches the Loire Valley for diversity and value for money. From traditional method sparkling wines, to some of France’s best white wines (dry, off-dry and lusciously sweet) and the elegant Cabernet Franc-based wines of Bourgueil and Chinon, the Loire has the wine for all tastes and occasions. Best of all, it’s most feted wines are priced within the reach of most wine-lovers.
This masterclass traverses the Loire Valley, from Nantes on the Atlantic Coast, through Chenin Blanc and Cabernet Franc country, to the beautiful towns of Sancerre and Pouilly-sur-Loire.
The evening culminates with the stunning Quarts de Chaume from Domaine des Baumard, a legendary sweet wine that is the match of any great Sauternes.
The line-up is as follows.
Muscadet Vieilles Vignes 2015, Luneau-Papin
Vouvray Demi-Sec ‘Clos Berger’ 2015, Pichot
Montlouis-sur-Loire ‘Touche Mitaine’ 2015, Rocher des Violettes
Savennieres ‘Clos du Papillon’ 2010, Baumard
Sauvignon Blanc 2011, Levin
Sancerre 2016, Vincent Pinard
Pouilly-Fume 2015, Serge Dagueneau
Bourgueil ‘Coudraye’ 20915, Yannick Amirault
Chinon ‘La Diablesse’ 2014, Chateau de Coulaine
Quarts de Chaume 2009, Baumard
The wines will be accompanied by a light supper.
- Taste nine benchmark Loire Valley wines
- Opportunity to purchase small volume wines from top domaines
- Thorough understanding the Loire Vally wine region
- Thirst for knowledge and for good wine
Smart casual attire
Anyone with an interest in great value French wine
Vendor since 2013
Armadale Cellars is about providing you with a memorable experience. Their courses in Melbourne are legendary for information, cutting edge wines and an awesome social atmosphere. Armadale Cellars has been a wine educator for almost 20 years.
As one of Melbourne's leading independant retailer, Armadale Cellars team is led by Roseworthy graduate Phil Hude who is renowned for his no-nonsense and no-compromise attitude to wine as well as securing some of the leading figures in Australia wine industry to help present his informative and fun-filled courses and special events.
There are no refunds for Courses & Events.
If you are unable to attend an event or course at Armadale Cellars you must inform us at a minimum 1 full week (7 days) prior in writing/email and we can transfer you to another course or event. After that, it is your responsibility to fill the spot with a friend or family member.
No transfers will be given within 1 week of the course/event start date.
1. There are no refunds for Courses & Events.
2. If you are unable to attend an event or course at Armadale Cellars you must inform us at a minimum 1 full week (7 days) prior in writing/email and we can transfer you to another course or event. After that, it is your responsibility to fill the spot with a friend or family member.
3. No transfers will be given within 1 week of the course/event start date.
4. We request that all participants park on High Street (where there are no parking restrictions after 6.30pm) when attending a wine course or event.
5. Gift certificate valid within 12 months of purchase. Certificates are not redeemable for cash or wine.