The willow pattern, which is a popular oriental pattern of white and blue, is a common element in Chinese porcelain like jars, plates and accessories. Artea’s workshop will share the story behind the willow pattern and how it came to.In this class, you will learn and enjoy making designs and painting patterns onto plates to make a Chinese-inspired imperial blue plate.
Design and create Marvellous inventions wacky creations.
Learn the technique of weaving, create a woven wall hanging artwork. Work with interesting materials, wood, wool and beads.
- The willow pattern, which is a popular oriental pattern of white and blue, is a common element in Chinese porcelain like jars, plates and accessories.
- Design and create Marvellous inventions wacky creations.
- Learn the technique of weaving, create a woven wall hanging artwork. Work with interesting materials, wood, wool and beads.
- Great way to meet new friends!
- Lunch offered at an additional price (sandwich, popcorn, fruit, biscuit, drink)
- Expert tuition from an experienced teacher!
- Your kid's enthusiasm!
Casual (Warning: It might get messy)
Just for kids
Vendor since 2014
Welcome to ARTea : Art School Community and Party Venue! ARTea is an art school and community space celebrating Art, for all ages. We run a wide range of programs for adults and children, parties and events, mother groups, afterschool, homeschool & holiday programs. We can organise the party of your dreams , whatever the budget we can sort it out for you!! From very simple to Mad Hatters high tea party, with your ideas, Artea can make it into a reality! We hand make all our decorations and we love a challenge so any theme is possible. Create a masterpiece (arts and crafts), invite your favourite superhero or a fairy, pet your favourite farm animal, reptile or pony ride, bop to your favourite song at the disco, laugh at a clown or be marvelled by a Magician, just a few ideas. Packages start from $290. We can organise everything at our Port Melbourne studio (sun lounge and BBQ area for parents to socialise) or we can visit you (home, park, scouts hall, centre, christening, wedding, events). See party section for full details