Continue to advance your jewellery skills.
There is set project work in stages 4 to 9 to advance and consolidate your jewellery making skills as follows:
- Stage 4 - Straight Collet Ring with Facetted Gem.
- Stage 5 - Tappered Collet and Split Shank Ring with Facetted Gem.
- Stage 6 - Facetted Gem Drop Earrings.
- Stage 7 -Large Gem Set Band Ring with Bezels and Edge Wires.
- Stage 8 - Pendant and Chain with surface decoration (roller printing and or hammering) and Gems.
- Stage 9 - Earrings with Set Gems
You design the stage 7 to 9 projects and discuss your proposed fabrication process with the teacher.
For more information on the Stages 4 to 9 and projects please, visit the Contemporary Metal website.
The cost of each Stage is $470.00 (inclusive of GST). There is a consumable charge of $30.00(inclusive of GST) per course which is payable at the commencement of the course.
Silver can be purchased from the studio.
Classes are run on Saturday morning (9am to 1pm ) and Thursday morning (10 to 1pm) and evening (5.30pm to 8.30pm) and Tuesday evening (5.30pm to 8.30pm) in six week blocks.
The class size is 8 students for max. social distancing - COVID-19 requirements.
- Continue to advance your jewellery skills. You must have completed either Stages 1 to 3 or have demonstrated jewellery skills.
- Projects will be developed as a group and individually to accommodate different skill levels. Set projects are detailed below.
- More advanced jewellery making skills.
- Your project jewellery.
- More advanced jewellery making skills.
- Skills developed include sawing, soldering, shaping and filing, melting metal, gem setting in various forms, shaping ring shanks, finishing and polishing.
- Your interest to learn.
- An apron.
- Research and design drawings for stages 7 to 9.
Jeans/long pants, tee shirt, covered shoes and long hair tied back.
Previous jewellery making skills required.
Contemporary Metal implemented a COVID-19 RISK Mitigation Strategy in March 2020. Please refer to our Website under Our Policies for detail.
Vendor since 2016
We are a contemporary jewellery studio and gallery run by local jeweller Philip Noakes, who has over forty years experience in making and teaching in the industry. Philip has exhibited extensively around Australia, and makes his own work and private commisions, as well as teaching from the studio.
Contemporary Metal offers jewellers and students access to a fully equipped studio including: rolling mill, soldering and melting torches, pendant drills, vacuum casting, vulcaniser and wax injector, hydraulic press, lathe, tumbler, polisher, ultrasonic, large dapping sets and lapidary equipment.
We have benches available for hire on a casual, weekly or ongoing basis.
Contemporary Metal requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Contemporary Metal to organise a refund or transfer
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Contemporary Metal or organised by Contemporary Metal must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Contemporary Metal.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Contemporary Metal unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Contemporary Metal classes and events or on Contemporary Metal's premises. (For use of Contemporary Metal marketing materials).
Contemporary Metal requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Introduction to Jewellery Making - Stages 1, 2 & 3Thu, 06 Aug 10:00AM (AWST) (10 more dates)