Flexible Shaft, Burrs, Polishing & Other Finishes
Come and learn about drills, burrs, buffs and the various use of the pendant drill including:
- Control of the drill and maintenance
- Speed of the drill for different tasks
- Cutters /grinders/ craxtex and rubber wheels /Felts etc.
- Texturing burrs/satin finishing heads /scotch bright heads
- Drills/tungsten carbine/High speed steel/diamond /pearl
- Sharpening drills and burrs
- Burr life and Wax
- Burnishing wheel to close pin holes in casting and soldering
- Large polishing motor
- Abrasive wheels
- Polishing Buffs
- Correct polishing and finishing’s with Tripoli/Rouge and other compounds.
Please bring a piece or pieces to be finished and questions on the use of drills and polishers.
The cost of the four hour workshop is $88.00 inclusive of GST.
What you will learn
- Come and learn about all the drills, burrs, buffs and the various uses of the pendant drill.
- Learn about the large polishing motor, satinising, abrasive wheels and polishing buffs.
What you will get
- demonstrations of hand polishing, satinising, pumice powder finish, different burrs and wheels and use of two speed handsets
What to bring
- Bring a piece or pieces of jewellery to be finished or any you are having trouble cleaning up.
What to wear
Vendor since 2016
We are a contemporary jewellery studio and gallery run by local jeweller Philip Noakes, who has over forty years experience in making and teaching in the industry. Philip has exhibited extensively around Australia, and makes his own work and private commisions, as well as teaching from the studio.
Contemporary Metal offers jewellers and students access to a fully equipped studio including: rolling mill, soldering and melting torches, pendant drills, vacuum casting, vulcaniser and wax injector, hydraulic press, lathe, tumbler, polisher, ultrasonic, large dapping sets and lapidary equipment.
We have benches available for hire on a casual, weekly or ongoing basis.
Contemporary Metal requires 48 hours notice via email prior to the start of a class or event for a full refund or transfer. Refunds and transfers will not be processed if cancellation occurs within 48 hours of the event commencing. We do not offer refunds for missed classes. There are no fees for refunds or transfers. For cancellations prior to the 48 hour cut off, email Contemporary Metal to organise a refund or transfer
Terms & Conditions
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Contemporary Metal or organised by Contemporary Metal must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Contemporary Metal.
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Contemporary Metal unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Contemporary Metal classes and events or on Contemporary Metal's premises. (For use of Contemporary Metal marketing materials).
Contemporary Metal requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
More From Contemporary Metal
Consolidate & Advance Jewellery Making (Stage 4-9)Consolidate & Advance Jewellery Making (Stage 4-9)
AU$485.00Tue, 02 Nov 5:30PM (AWST) (+5 more)
Introduction to Jewellery Making - Stages 1, 2 & 3Introduction to Jewellery Making - Stages 1, 2 & 3
AU$485.00Tue, 02 Nov 5:30PM (AWST) (+7 more)
Other classes you might like
Superhero / Cartoon Illustration (holiday program)Superhero / Cartoon Illustration (holiday program)
AU$20.00Tue, 28 Sep 1:30PM (AEST)