- LOVE WEARING EARRINGS & WANT TO LEARN TO MAKE YOUR OWN?
- EVER WANTED TO LENGTHEN, BROADEN OR SOFTEN YOUR FACE?
- WANT TO ESCAPE THE SUMMER HEAT?
- MY NEW YEARS GOAL WAS TO BE MORE CREATIVE?
With bare shoulders trending (the most flattering and easiest of trends to achieve this season!) it's time to make some statement earring bling! If you love boho chandelier earrings, then you will love the discovery how easy it is to make such pieces.
Using brass filigree stampings, beads and hoops as a base create your amazing jewellery.
Design & create your own chandelier earrings all in 90 minutes.
Dip into our world of jewellery design. Whether you are a first time crafter or love DIY this is a great workshop to experiment with lots of different elements. You will love the result and surprise yourself as well as your friends with your creations.Materials Used: Fossick through trays of vintage & modern bits & pieces: brass filigree, crystals, beads, cameos & stones to create your own pieces of jewellery.
Start with a session on style.
- Discover which earrings suit the shape of your face.
- Know your shape, make for your specific style and accentuate your face's natural shape by creating symmetry and balance.
- Ever wanted to soften, broaden or lengthen your face? Let me show you exactly how!
PART 2: Design and create your statement earrings.
- Discover how easy it is to make statement earrings—think sculptural oversized styles and solo danglers with a dose of colour or not.
- Whether your face shape suits linear, drop, chandelier, beaded fringe, or you just want high-octane colour, you are the designer.
- Designs from the catwalk this season are using lots of different materials – metal, nuts, wood, plastic and glass beads. You will also.
- Armed with your knowledge of face shape, design and make your notably unique earrings which will surprise you as well as your friends.
- Whether you are a first time crafter or love DIY this is a great workshop to experiment with lots of different elements.
WHAT YOU MAKE:
- make 2 pairs of earrings
- one using a brass filigree charm and creating a beaded fringe
- one using a gold or silver frame and creating a beaded fringe
WHAT YOU LEARN:
- Learn how to embellish using glue & stones plus
- Learn how to link beads & charms together to create jewellery.
- Learn professional finishing tips.
AS FEATURED ON SYDNEY WEEKENDER & OUR MOST POPULAR JEWELLERY DESIGNER EXPERIENCE!TUTOR
Christine Smalley is a fulltime designer & educator under the label Etelage est in 2002 and based in the inner west. She is a bower bird at heart and combines her love of travels & cultures to source exotic artisan beads & embellishments for her jewellery designs. She has lived in Africa, studied glass design in Italy & fossicked through many a basement of former jewellery makers in the hub of Bohemia. (Czech Republic and southern Germany) Her travels allow a constant flow of inspiration & stories plus an eclectic & juxtoposed style. She observes that generally as a society we are becoming more mindful about our choices: conscious of choosing products which are made using artisan traditions & not mass produced, and seeking quality over quantity. So it is with that philosophy she shares her skills and knowledge of jewellery design to encourage all her students to awaken their creative soul and seek beauty, slow, artisan and local.
- Learn how to link beads and charms together
- Learn style tricks: how earrings can lengthen, soften and broaden your face shape
- Learn how to make unique beaded earrings
- Make a pair of beaded earrings by using a gold or silver frame and embellishing with beads
- Face shape style tips
- Make a pair of linked chandelier earrings using a brass filigree charm & create a beaded fringe
- Your enthusiasm!
- Glasses if you wear them
- Notebook if you want to take additional notes
Whether you are a crafting novice, a girl who simply loves earrings or want to escape the office and nurture your creative soul this workshop is for you. No previous jewellery making is necessary
Vendor since 2016
Etelage, established in 2002, is a jewellery design studio in Sydney which offers classes in jewelllery making for individuals as well as for hens parties, corporate and .community groups.
Christine Smalley, founder of Etelage started her jewellery design journey when she was 8. The 70s was the beginning of her creative exploration. "I remember always making" stuff", but it is jewellery "small sculptures" that have captured my heart and my hands! Since that time I have inherited, collected and fossicked a vast amount of exotic, tribal and highly collectable beads and embellishments which I have used to create notably unique, beautiful and meticulously made jewellery but also over the last 15 years been a passionate jewellery teacher.
Christine creates a teaching environment where participants can share ideas, be inspired and let their imaginations run wild! With over 14 years teaching experience, Christine is dedicated to empowering her students to become better designers and better makers, equipping them with skills and confidence to create whatever her students dream!
She has designed for galleries such as National Gallery Australia (ACT), contributed to film incl The Great Gatsby and has produced 2 DVDs in jewellery making, distributed nationally through Lincraft, Target and maybe even your local library.
Observing that generally as a society we are becoming more mindful about our choices: conscious of choosing products which are made using artisan traditions and not mass produced, and seeking quality over quantity, it is with that philosophy she shares her skills and knowledge of jewellery design to encourage all her students to awaken their creative soul and seek beauty, slow, artisan and local.
So if it feels like all work and no play, Etelage offers a flexible and varied program from beginner jewellery workshops and master classes to regular monday beading meetups. Make some jewellery that will impress you as well as your friends. Pick a class that suits you, gather your girlfriends and give yourself a creative fix now. YESSS!
Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds if you change your mind or don't turn up. You are however completely welcome to send a friend in your place! Etelage reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class due to numbers. In this instance you will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another workshop of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee)
- Unfortunately we cannot offer refunds if you can’t attend a class for any reason.
- You are however completely welcome to send a friend in your place!. Refunds are not available due to our intimate class sizes.
- Etelage reserves the right to cancel or postpone any class due to numbers. In this instance you will receive a full refund or you can choose to attend another workshop of the same value (or plus or minus any difference in class fee)
- All class handouts, materials & projects are original Etelage ideas and subject to copyright.