Small group all day programs for 6 to 11 year olds. We begin and end each day at the art workshop in Eltham, with an adventure in between interacting with the environment along the way.
Creative activities include singing, drawing, sewing, painting, storytelling, photography and movement.
In this "Bike ride and Farm" tour, we will meet at the Eltham Studio as usual anytime between 7am and 9am, then head down on a leisurely bike ride along the footpath to Eltham station and then venture along the bike path towards Diamond Creek, with a good sized stop off at Edendale Farm, exploring our environment through creative activities along the way and at the Farm, returning again to the Eltham studio for a pick up anytime between 4pm and 6pm.
Children need to be capable riders and bring their own bike, helmet and bike lock.
Also they need the usual:
- Be guided by a Professional Artist, who is also an Art Therapist and Art Teacher in a small group
- Experiment with a range of visual art media in the art studio.
- Create art in public spaces, interacting with environments in new and fun ways
- A sketch book and pen to take home
- An experience like no other, memories forever
- An opportunity to try a range of creative modalities in the one day
- For this tour, children need to be proficient in riding and bring their own bikes :)
Casual - anything they're ok with them getting dirty, muddy or painted!
Kids 6 to 11 years old!
Vendor since 2019
Fiona is an Artist, Art Therapist and Art Teacher. She has worked across a range of disciplines in the visual and performing art arenas including Environmental activism and African dance. Her experience includes working in schools, Aboriginal communities, with community groups and across a range or Professional Art settings. Her Art Adventure Tours have been commissioned by Banyule Council’s Pinpoint Art in Public Spaces program as well via a Community Grant with Lisa Watson’s “Banyule: A Different Perspective” exhibition. She runs Art Adventure Tours for adults and also for children and has recently been working as an art therapist and artist in a school as well as exhibiting her art and teaching African dance.