There are currently no dates available to book
Please view www.jeanettedyke.com to find any future dates.
Join our jewellery making short course in the beautiful surrounds of the artist’s colony of Montsalvat in Melbourne, with master jeweller Jeanette Dyke and learn how to make your own jewellery in Jeanette's professional working studio.
• Learn how to make your own silver pendants and earrings
• Ideal for complete beginners with no experience necessary or intermediate level jewellers wanting to upskill
• Design and create your own pendant or a pair of earrings
• Skills taught in each class will vary, depending on what design you would like to make
• Basic set skills will also be taught for the complete beginners and intermediates who want to hear it again
• Everything is supplied; machinery, metal, tools, blades, emery paper, tea and coffee, super
views in a creative environment ……. so you don't have to bring a thing
• You have the opportunity to bring in small quantities of your 18ct gold jewellery to melt down and use as decoration
• Copper and Brass also available for decoration
• You have the opportunity to bring in any drilled pearls or beads to use in your design
• Suitable for 18yrs+
- Learn everything you need to know in order to make your own silver pendants and earrings
- Ideal for complete beginners with no experience necessary and intermediate students wanting to up skill
- The focus is on either creating your own jewellery design or copying pieces similar to some which will be shown in class
- You will have lots of help and personal attention as I have 5 students maximum per class
- All tools are supplied for you to use during the class (not to keep)
- List of tools suppliers and metal suppliers (my tools suppliers offer my students discount on tools purchases)
- Course notes
- A set amount of silver is supplied: By the end of the course you will have a finished silver pendant or pair of earrings to take home
- Bring reading glasses if you wear them
- A pair of good steady hands
- A pen and notebook
- Tie long hair back
Dont wear loose clothing such as flared sleeves or scarves and wear covered toe shoes
Suitable for 18yrs+ (Beginner/Intermediate)
Vendor since 2014
ABOUT YOUR CLASS
Join our jewellery making classes in the beautiful surrounds of the artist’s colony of Montsalvat in Melbourne, with master jeweller Jeanette Dyke. Learn how to make your own silver jewellery in her professionally equipped studio. Private classes are available all year round by appointment.
"You will have the benefit of over 30 years of knowledge and experience that I have to share with you. I trained in England at the Royal College of Art to Masters Degree level, also in Germany and with renowned Silversmith Richard Fox in London, making his designs for BVLGARI. The Royal College of art is listed as No.1 the best university in the world for Art and Design; listed by QS World University Ranking. The world class teachers that I learned from include: Michael Rowe, Richard Fox, David Watkins, Onno Boekhoudt, Marianne Forrest, Wendy Ramshaw, Hans Stofer, Cynthia Cousins and Werner Bunck. My classes aim to provide you with great ambiance in a relaxed and inspiring environment. I teach a maximum of 5 students at a time so you will have lots of quality attention in order to learn your new skill. And don’t worry, I have the patience of a saint and lots of cups of tea to keep you going. I am passionate about teaching jewellery, passing on my skills and I will personally guide you through every step of your learning experience.”
Montsalvat Art Centre has a restaurant on site, beautiful grounds and buildings to explore, 3 public art galleries, peacocks, geese and chickens, a large carpark and public toilets.
Air Conditioned Studio
ABOUT YOUR TEACHER
Born in London, Jeanette trained for 9 years as a Gold and Silversmith in England, Germany and Australia. She is an award-winning designer jeweller whose work can be found in public and private collections worldwide, including the Museum and Art Gallery of the Northern Territory Australia. She has won many awards for her work including The Worshipful Company of Goldsmiths’ Precious Metals Bursary and The P&O Makower Precious Metals Award.
Her studies in the fine and applied arts began at South Devon Technical College, Torquay in 1987 with a one-year Art Foundation course in the visual and applied arts. The following year she enrolled at the West Surrey College of Art in Farnham, Surrey within the faculty of three-dimensional design, specialising in metalwork and jewellery (student of Prof. Ian Dumelow, Marianne Forrest and Peter Parker). In 1989 she spent one semester of her studies at the Fachhochschule (College of Art and Design) under Prof. Elizabeth Holder in Düsseldorf, Germany. She graduated in 1990 with a Bachelor of Arts Degree with honors.
Jeanette continued her studies with a Crafts Council of Great Britain awarded training grant to train with renowned silversmith Richard Fox in London. Here she worked on Richards’s designs for BVLGARI.
In 1992 Jeanette continued her studies in jewellery and silversmithing at the Royal College of Art in London (student of Prof. David Watkins, Michael Rowe, Werner Bunck, Prof. Hans Stofer and Onno Boekhoudt). In 1993 she graduated with a Master of Arts degree.
This was followed by a master class/residential course in low relief chasing with one of the UK’s leading silversmiths Rod Kelly at the Bishopsland Educational Trust.
In 1993 Jeanette was awarded a prestigious business grant from the Craft Council to establish her own central London studio at 401½ Workshops in Battersea, London.
In 1996 Jeanette moved to Melbourne, Australia and settled on the edge of the Yarra Valley. Here she completed a 3-year artists residency at Clifton Pugh’s Dunmoochin in Cottles Bridge. In 2011 she moved her workshop to the renowned artists colony of Montsalvat, where she set up her studio and the Jewellery Making School and where she still works today.
Jeanette has been designing and making unique hand made jewellery for over 30 years, selling and exhibiting at leading venues and galleries throughout the world, such as The V&A, Gallery Marzee, eg etal and Studio Ingot. She currently works to commission, supplies leading galleries and teaches silver jewellery making classes from her studio at Montsalvat Arts Centre in Melbourne.
Unfortunately your booking through WeTeachMe is not a refundable booking.
Once you book your class, if you find that you are unable to make your class date, any student who gives more than 3 weeks notice may change to a different class and a $25 administration fee per person will apply for this service.
You are also welcome to transfer your ticket to a friend and there is no charge for this. You will need to email Jeanette of their details at email@example.com
We have a minimum age of 16+ for the Complete Beginners Class
We have a minimum age of 18+ for all other classes
Any student who gives more than 3 weeks notice, may change to a different class and a $25 administration fee per person will apply for this service.
Unfortunately notification with less than 3 weeks notice before the class start date will not be able to change to another class.
We don't run catch up classes, please check the dates carefully before you book you class.
Please note that some classes will have minumum attendees for the class to go ahead, if that minumium is not met 2 weeks before the class and the teacher cancels, you will be offered a full refund or an option to transfer to the next class.
If in an emergency the class is cancelled at the last minute, again you will be offered a refund, another class or a gift voucher.