This fun workshop is suited to the absolute beginner.
You will make a heart – and enjoy the discovery of a whole new art form. You will learn how to design, prepare and construct your fused glass heart.
Can you imagine a heart like this on your wall? Your piece of art will be put in a square box frame for you to hang on your wall or share as a gift with someone you love. (It will be all ready for you to hang on your wall when you collect it 14 days after the workshop has finished.)
During the 90 minutes, you will produce your own heart in art glass, that I will fire in my kiln and secure in a box frame as you can see in the picture.
Everything you need is included in the cost of this workshop. Included is: all of your glass, your firings, the box frame, use of studio equipment including safety equipment, as well as the kiln paper you’ll need.
Of course, if you choose to make a different shape, a square or a fish, that's fine - we will enjoy this adventure together. On my website jenieyolland.com you can see that other people have made some lovely framed pieces. I do particularly like the red square!
Here is a cobalt blue heart finished and inside the frame and under glass. It is all ready to hang or wrap as a fabulous gift. This is what your finished piece will look like when you collect it 14 days after the workshop.
- Create your very own unique heart in glass.
- How to cut art glass safely
- How to create a long lasting piece of art for their home
- Includes everything you need.
- The finished heart, ready to hang, all the glass, the firings and use of studio equipment
- you get to choose to make your heart in the colors of your choice
- you get to choose the shape of your choice to go inside the frame if you like as well.
- Your thirst for knowledge!
- Sense of fun
- You need to be able to stand securely on two feet to do this workshop
Please wear clothes that includes some kind of sleeve (not a tank top) Please wear closed toe shoes. (no thongs).
No experience is necessary
Vendor since 2016
I’m like a kid in a lolly shop. I am endlessly impressed and inspired – by the work of others, by colours and textures, by everything around me, man-made and natural!
There’s so much to see, to interpret into glass!
I love it all. I love sharing it with everyone – that’s why I run workshops – it makes me happy and its my hope that some of this joy spills over to you as well.
I love my job.
You too can create graphic Mondrian-inspired bowls and platters and feminist invoking “Break The Glass Ceiling” pendants, brooches and sometimes earrings in these workshops. You can create an artwork for your walls in the fabulous Heart Art Class.
I love the clash of sometimes crazy and sometimes controlled geometry, that can see in my Paris Elegance series with its DNA centre design element. I suspect they indulge both the conservative and bold characteristics within. These styles can be explored more in the Level 2 classes.
The relationship between the glass elements in each piece means no two pieces are exactly alike, much as no story is ever retold in exactly the same way, so is every piece of glass you create in a workshop. You can truly say, no-one else, anywhere, has one quite like it! You'll also remember that giving a Gift Voucher is another uniuqe gift that expresses the value of your unique friendship.
Ultimately, I am sharing love. The love of life. Share it with me?
If you book into an event and miss it, we can't reschedule or refund the tickets after the fact.
Our classes take careful planning, seats are limited and we cut the glass and prepare the studio based on the number of people. I run a small business and my margins are very tight.
- If the event is more than 48 hours away, you just need to reschedule your ticket and a small processing fee of $8.00 is charged. Please submit this form requesting a transfer to a new class Transfer Form or email me (email@example.com) prior to the commencement of the workshop.
- If there is a last-minute change in plans (less than 12 hours' notice), then sorry you forfeit the ticket.
- Alternatively for the Beginners Workshops, you can send a friend along and they can use the ticket in your name.
- If there was an extreme emergency, there are some cases in which we can make exceptions to this policy.
- From time to time we need to cancel an event, in this instance we will notify you by email and text your mobile as well. We automatically transfer you into the next event, but you can request any alternative event within the next 3 months.
We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for everyone. Participation in Jenie Yolland's Art glass classes and workshops are at your own risk. Whilst we take every precaution to take reasonable care of our customers, we acknowledge that sometimes glass cutting and the studio environment can pose a risk, and your attendence at our classes waives our liability for any injuries that occur. We aim to provide a safe and happy learning experience for every body.