In this 10-week course for adults, you will be creating your very own character sculpture maquette using polymer clay and mixed media. The immersive course will cover all areas in character design, layout and maquette including: Character development and design, character turnaround and layout, form construction, sculpting using poylmer clay, skin textures. Throughout the course, our facilitator will guide you through a step-by-step design and sculpting techniques, catering to each individual style of each student.
The course is suitable for adults with all levels of skills, even beginners
Topics to be covered in this course:
- Character development/ design
- Developing character's form, personality and style
- Colour study
- Skeletal building and character’s pose
- Muscular and form building using Polymer clay
- Fabric creases and folds
- Skin textures
Course facilitated by award winning children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit, whose books have been published in Australia,Thailand and The US, as well as being translated in more than 6 languages worldwide. Visit:www.TullSuwannakit.net to see some of Tull's published books and illustration.
Class time: 3:30pm to 5:30pm Class duration: 2 hours per session. Total number of sessions:10
- Learn the practical steps on how to translate 2 dimensional design into 3 dimensional character sculpture using polymer clay and mixed media
- Develop style, personality, expression and action pose for your character
- Explore character construction techniques through the creation of skeleton, form, muscles and skin textures
- your very own character maquette and the complete pre-visualisation portfolio created from the course
- All materials are included with the course (except for Polymer clay)
- Learn from the award winning published children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit. www.TullSuwannakit.net
- Polymer clay
- An A4 sketchbook for visual diary and note taking
Suitable for adults
Vendor since 2016
Malvern School of Art offers visual art programs that are fun and engaging, as well as providing a balanced blend of critical thinking,analytical, and communicative skills with fundamental art techniques. We base our teaching on the individual development and skills of each student, fostering imagination, creativity, and literacy through the exploration of drawing, painting and sculpture. Students translate and implement the given topics via their own creative interpretation using freedom of experimentation through a vast range of art mediums,open-ended discussion and group collaboration. This results in new discoveries of a transformative art approach, immersing students in a creative and engaging visual art learning experience. Through the acquisition of artistic skills, students become confident and empowered tofind creative solutions and to discover their own unique artistic styles.
Malvern School of Art is operated and facilitated by Tull Suwannakit, an award winning children's book author and illustrator
Visit www.MalvernSchoolofArt.com.au to learn more about our school.
find us on Facebook @Malvern School of Art