In this 10-week course for adults, you will be creating your very own character sculpture maquette using polymer clay and mixed media. The immersive course will cover all areas in character design, layout and maquette including: Character development and design, character turnaround and layout, form construction, sculpting using poylmer clay, skin textures. Throughout the course, our facilitator will guide you through a step-by-step design and sculpting techniques, catering to each individual style of each student.
The course is suitable for adults with all levels of skills, even beginners
Topics to be covered in this course:
- Character development/ design
- Developing character's form, personality and style
- Colour study
- Skeletal building and character’s pose
- Muscular and form building using Polymer clay
- Fabric creases and folds
- Skin textures
Course facilitated by award winning children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit, whose books have been published in Australia,Thailand and The US, as well as being translated in more than 6 languages worldwide. Visit:www.TullSuwannakit.net to see some of Tull's published books and illustration.
- Learn the practical steps on how to translate 2 dimensional design into 3 dimensional character sculpture using polymer clay and mixed media
- Develop style, personality, expression and action pose for your character
- Explore character construction techniques through the creation of skeleton, form, muscles and skin textures
- your very own character maquette and the complete pre-visualisation portfolio created from the course
- All materials are included with the course (except for Polymer clay)
- Learn from the award winning published children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit. www.TullSuwannakit.net
- Polymer clay
- An A4 sketchbook for visual diary and note taking
Suitable for adults
Vendor since 2016
Malvern School of Art offers established visual art programs in Creative Drawing, Illustration and Sculpture, with classes catering to children, teens and adults . Our boutique art school is located in a spacious, light-filled mid-century building along the vibrant thoroughfare of Glenferrie Road. We base our teaching on the individual development and skills of each student in a structured yet flexible art curriculum that is transformative and progressive. Through the engaging and resourceful teaching methods, students fully explore and express their own artistic creativity, skills and style to realise each of their full potential.
Malvern School of Art is owned and facilitated by award winning children's book author and illustrator,
Tull Suwannakitr (www.TullSuwannakit.net)
Visit www.MalvernSchoolofArt.com.au to learn more about our school.
find us on Facebook @Malvern School of Art