In this 10-week course for adults, character's movement and motion are explored through a series of sequential drawing. Spontaneous and observation drawing techniques will be covered to bring out dynamism and action of the characterised human, as well as insightful demonstrations and practical assigned projects designed to build and expand on your creative drawing knowledge. Anatomically accurate mannequins will be used to assist with key framing of poses.
The course is suitable for adults with all skill levels, even beginners.
Topics to be covered in this course:
- Straight ahead and pose to pose drawing approaches
- Walk sequence
- Movement through space
- Stretch, squash, anticipation of movement
- How to establish fluid line of action for your character's sequence
- Experiment with different line qualities to imply movement and action
Course facilitates by award winning children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit, whose books have been published in Australia,Thailand and The US, as well as being translated in more than 6 languages worldwide. Visit:www.TullSuwannakit.net to see some of Tull's published books and illustration.
Class time: Sat 6:00pm to 8:00pm Class duration: 2 hours per session Total number of sessions: 10
- Develop a series of character's movement and motion through sequential drawing
- Gain insight understanding to how character moves in space and how to maintain consistency and fluidity in drawing
- Bring your character to life through the establishment of effective line of action and motion poses
- Learn from an award winning published children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit. www.TullSuwannakit.net
- All materials are included with the course (except an A4 landscape format sketchbook for visual diary)
- your very own visual illustration portfolio created from the course
- An A4 landscape format sketchbook for visual diary
Vendor since 2016
Malvern School of Art offers visual art programs that are fun and engaging, as well as providing a balanced blend of critical thinking,analytical, and communicative skills with fundamental art techniques. We base our teaching on the individual development and skills of each student, fostering imagination, creativity, and literacy through the exploration of drawing, painting and sculpture. Students translate and implement the given topics via their own creative interpretation using freedom of experimentation through a vast range of art mediums,open-ended discussion and group collaboration. This results in new discoveries of a transformative art approach, immersing students in a creative and engaging visual art learning experience. Through the acquisition of artistic skills, students become confident and empowered tofind creative solutions and to discover their own unique artistic styles.
Malvern School of Art is operated and facilitated by Tull Suwannakit, an award winning children's book author and illustrator
Visit www.MalvernSchoolofArt.com.au to learn more about our school.
find us on Facebook @Malvern School of Art