In this 10-week course for adults, character's movement and motion are implied through a series of sequential drawing. Spontaneous and observation drawing techniques will be covered to bring out dynamism and action of the characterised human, as well as insightful demonstrations and practical assigned projects designed to build and expand on your creative drawing knowledge. Anatomically accurate mannequins will be used to assist with key framing of poses.
The course is suitable for adults with all skill levels, even beginners.
Topics to be covered in this course:
- Straight ahead and pose to pose drawing approaches
- Walk sequence
- Movement through space
- Stretch, squash, anticipation of movement
- How to establish fluid line of action for your character's sequence
- Experiment with different line qualities to imply movement and action
The course is presented and facilitated by award winning children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit, whose books have been published in Australia,Thailand and The US, as well as being translated in more than 6 languages worldwide. Visit:www.TullSuwannakit.net to see some of Tull's published books and illustration.
Please be advised that this is not an animation course, but a drawing course that uses a series of sequential drawing to imply movement and motion.
- Develop a series of character's movement and motion through sequential drawing
- Gain insight understanding to how character moves in space and how to maintain consistency and fluidity in drawing
- Bring your character to life through the establishment of effective line of action and motion poses
- Learn from an award winning published children's book author and illustrator, Tull Suwannakit. www.TullSuwannakit.net
- All materials are included with the course (except an A4 landscape format sketchbook for visual diary)
- your very own visual illustration portfolio created from the course
- An A4 landscape format sketchbook for visual diary
Vendor since 2016
Malvern School of Art offers established visual art programs in Creative Drawing, Illustration and Sculpture, with classes catering to children, teens and adults . Our boutique art school is located in a spacious, light-filled mid-century building along the vibrant thoroughfare of Glenferrie Road. We base our teaching on the individual development and skills of each student in a structured yet flexible art curriculum that is transformative and progressive. Through the engaging and resourceful teaching methods, students fully explore and express their own artistic creativity, skills and style to realise each of their full potential.
Malvern School of Art is owned and facilitated by award winning children's book author and illustrator,
Tull Suwannakitr (www.TullSuwannakit.net)
Visit www.MalvernSchoolofArt.com.au to learn more about our school.
find us on Facebook @Malvern School of Art