What: Ceramic Tableware Workshop
When: Wednesday August 2, 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Where: 1/177 Beavers Rd. Northcote
Includes: All materials, grazing food, organic wine & fairtrade tea
Hand building with clay offers endless possibilities for creating a variety forms. In this workshop students will be shown how to create unique platters and small dip bowls using stoneware clays in a variety of shapes using hand formed techniques such as rolling out the clay and using basic plate moulds to help create the student’s desired form. Various surface decoration and textures will be used to create their own unique piece, such as stamps and found objects such as leaves. If you have a favourite stamp at home, please bring it with you!
This workshop is ideal for those wanting an introduction to the clay making process, to develop new skills and create your own functional platter which you can take home once fired! No experience necessary, just bring your imagination! Both one-on-one & group demonstrations given by the teacher, Sarah Schembri. All pieces created will be functional, dishwasher safe & food safe.
Students will be introduced to a variety of hand building techniques using stoneware clays to create a range of handmade dishes, small plates & spoons & trays.
Techniques such as making slabs, using small molds & pinching will be demonstrated – rolling out clay, in addition to cutting, refining, creating rims and applying textures.
Stoneware clays will be used in this workshop.
All items created will be glazed by the teacher after the first firing. All glazes used are food safe and microwave safe. Students will be emailed once their work is ready for collection.
Sarah Schembri is a ceramic artist who is passionate about creating functional, tactile and visually appealing ceramics, particularly tableware. Being a lover of cooking and food in general, she is most interested in making pieces that are a pleasure to use in the home, pieces which are not only visually appealing but also functional & tactile.
“There is something quite special about using pieces that are handmade - the experience and food taste better. This is a feeling that I think about when I'm creating, it's part of the experience I want to share with others.” - Sarah
We create a beautiful, warm atmosphere to make you feel at home in our cosy, plant filled studio. We encourage attendees to slow down, share stories and take the opportunity to connect with others in our community.
We are proud to support local artists, ethical businesses and community groups and we consider our impact on the earth it’s people in every aspect of our business. We are always learning and improving our processes.
Extra info: All workshop topics available as a customised private workshop with a min of x10 at our studio or at a location of your choice. We also offer sustainable event management, catering - grazing tables, lighting & floristry. We cater for all diets - vegan, lactose & gluten free.
Directions: Put Your Heart Into it Studios lives inside of Big Bang Studios nestled on the banks of the Merri Creek: 1 / 177 Beavers Road Northcote. Please drive to the very end of Beavers Road and you will come to a dead end near the Merri Creek. Come past the glass doors on the left, large black garage roller door, then past the red door. Then enter left via the bark mulched garden onto the deck and we are the second door along.
- How to work your clay into organic, free formed functional platters.
- How to incorporate texture and apply surface decoration.
- How to make handmade items you can use in your home.
- Your own clay creation once it has been fired and glazed.
- Wine and tea
- A delicious, seasonal grazing table of local and native foods to nibble on over the course of the evening.
- Something to take home your creations in. A large container and glass jar for left over clay will be perfect.
- Includes all materials
What ever you fancy…
Vendor sincce 2015
Put Your Heart Into It is a collaborative team hosting insightful and creative events and workshops in and around Melbourne and Country Victoria. Our mission is to create sustainable and eco-conscious experiences that not only inspire but aim to promote a slower lifestyle, where simplicity and community involvement are cultivated as well as nurturing a hands-on approach to getting creative.
Events and workshops are run in ever-changing and intricately styled spaces that are sure to inspire and promote creativity. Each experience offers you the chance to meet some incredible new people, graze on delicious, sustainable and locally sourced produce as well as gaining a wealth of knowledge to set you on your path to creativity.
Our team includes an array of artists and professionals that have worked within their fields of expertise for many years, so as to offer you the best knowledge possible. We love collaborating with non for profit and ethically minded businesses, community groups and schools and can customise a creative eventor workshop to suit your needs.
Experiences can be as simple or complex as required and we can offer a diverse range of disciplines andcreative pursuits. The Put Your Heart Into It team can create an all-round experience that will leave everyone feeling inspired. For more information on our workshops and events, as well as tailored experiences, please get in touch.
We also offer eco-concious event planning services, customised hens parties, workshops for corporates and birthdays. As well as our popular catering service of intricately styled grazing tables of local & organic produce, wedding and event styling including floristry installations.
Located at Big Bang Studios. 1/177 Beavers Road Northcote 3070
Please refer to clause (1) of our Terms & Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
This contract outlines an agreement and includes all contractional obligations on even date between Put Your Heart Into It and the You the Customer in regard to the Workshop to which this booking confirmation pertains.
(1) All bookings are Non-Refundable
(2) All Bookings are Transferable to a second party in the event that the customer is unable to attend the workshop, such transfers must be requested 7 hours prior to the Workshop for desired transfers to be eligible.
(3) In the rare event that Put Your Heart Into It is required to cancel a Workshop the customer will receive either a full refund within 3 days of said cancellation or the opportunity to transfer said booking to another Put Your Heart Into It workshop of even value within 12 (twelve) months of said cancellation.
(4) Cancellations may be advised by Put Your Heart Into It at any time prior to the Workshop event.
(5) Put Your Heart Into It reserves the right to use any images taken at the workshops for Social Media & Advertising, if you wish for images not to be shared Put Your Heart Into It requests same to be expressed in writing prior to Workshop event.
(6) In the Event that you do not agree with the above Terms & Conditions you may request a full refund within 48 hours of even date of receipt of this booking confirmation.