Like to know more about bees? want to know if keeping them is for you?
Join us, to See & Learn about Urban Bees in the CBD
What we do is meet up somewhere along one of our routes, we visit some of our hives - that way we can talk theory and people can see in practice as well. We like to show people a variety of hives in different stages (I.e. - a re homed colony, a large productive hive, a newly installed hive)
- Time wise allocation of approx 4 hours
- Cost: $180 per person (max 2 people)
Please advise if there are issues with heights or if there is a preference to see hives in gardens (on the ground)
Duration: Time wise allocation of approx 4 hours Your teacher will contact you to confirm once booking is made as we confirm location of meet up closer to the booking
- Each session is customised to your skill level
- Practical, hands on approach - this is an opportunity for you to get inside a hive
- You will walk away with the confidence knowing if keeping bees is right for you
- All protection gear will be provided, sessions can also be purchased as a gift, please advise and we'll organise a gift certificate
- Complimentary honey, postcards & gift bag to take away with you
- Your interest to learn!
- A water bottle/something to drink
- A sun hat/sunscreen
Clothing: covered shoes are ideal, we provide all protective gear. Light/comfortable clothing (ideally not black) Please also refrain from wearing perfume/strong scents.
Vendor sincce 2015
We are Beekeepers with a vision of bringing bees back to the city and the suburbs of Melbourne. The aim is to be part a global effort to help save the honey bee from the various threats of disease and human habitation.
This project not only seeks to address issues of sustainability, it also aims to raise awareness of the importance of bees whilst creating delicious honey. By placing hives on the roof spaces of cafés, restaurants, hotels and individual's gardens in and around Melbourne we have reduced the distance from production to plate to mere metres.
Melbourne City Rooftop Honey joins the cities like Paris, London, Toronto, San Francisco New York, Hong Kong and many others where urban beekeeping is thriving. The community benefits by some true ‘local’ produce – a delicious tasting honey which is unique to each site, with less actual food miles plus help green our City of Melbourne.