Gain insight from current industry specialists and unlock pathways to a fulfilling career with animals.
As the leading animal welfare organisation in Victoria, we utilise a range of skilled staff to care for animals and campaign for better animal welfare. We invite all those interested in a career in the industry to come and learn about working in animal care and talk with skilled professionals who are actively working in animal care and protection.
- Please arrive at the Burwood East Education Centre 10 minutes before your session to register and so that we can start on time. Parking is available on site.
- Meet, listen to and talk with our experienced Education staff and industry experts.
- Take a behind-the-scenes tour of our RSPCA Burwood East facility.
9:00 AM -3:30 PM Duration: 6.5 Hours including morning tea, interactive Q&A sessions, hands-on activities and a tour of RSPCA Burwood East
- Unlock pathways and learn how to succeed in an animal care profession
- Gain industry insights from professionals actively working in animal care and protection
- Hands-on activities and behind-the-scenes tour
- Informative and fun sessions with industry specialists and skilled professionals
- Q&A sessions with presenters including Vets, Vet Nurses, Behaviourists, Inspectors, Animal Attendants, and Customer Care Officers
- Hands-on activities and a behind-the-scenes tour at RSPCA Burwood East
- Certificate of Attendance
- Complimentary morning tea
- Your enthusiasm!
- BYO lunch or take advantage of our fantastic on-site café or nearby shops.
For safety reasons, please wear appropriate clothing and closed-in shoes.
Students who want to learn about a career in animal care. Attendees must be in Year 9 or above. Parent/guardian approval required for attendees under 18 years of age.
Vendor sincce 2016
Want to improve your animal skills? Looking for quality teaching by industry experts? Want real skills and training?
Whether you’re a pet owner or thinking of a career in animal care, RSPCA Victoria has a short course to extend your animal skills and understanding.
Designed to develop new skills for anyone dealing with animals; RSPCA short courses provide valuable access to industry experts and utilise quality resources and trainers in an informative and hands-on environment.
As the trusted name in animal welfare in Victoria, we understand what animals need, and what works and what doesn’t – and are keen to share our practical knowledge and skills with you through.
Gain professional skills. Learn about your pet. Or both!
Programs are tailored for those wanting to enter the animal industry or improve their skills within this field, as well as helping people to increase their skills with their own pets.
Hands-on experience is essential to understanding animals so you will have the chance to meet and work with – animals from our education team – as well as learn from industry experts and qualified trainers.
And of course, profits raised go towards supporting animal welfare projects. You’re helping animals while you learn to… help animals!
So book your course with us today.
About RSPCA Victoria
We are a non-government, community based charity that works to prevent cruelty to animals by actively promoting their care and protection. RSPCA Victoria was established in Melbourne in 1871. Since this time, the RSPCA has become Australia's leading animal welfare charity.
Our community services include work in education, advocacy, animal care and protection. In Victoria, we operate nine animal Adoption Care Centres and one community pet care centre, providing refuge and care to more than 20,000 animals every year.
As a not-for-profit organisation, we rely on community support to care for 'all creatures great and small'. More than 90% of our funding is due to the generous support of the Victorian community.
For further information, visit www.rspcavic.org
The following booking conditions apply:
- If the Booking is cancelled more than 30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, the full fee will be refunded;
- If the Booking is cancelled 14 -30 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, 50% of the full fee will be refunded; and
- If the Booking is cancelled less than 14 days prior to the date of delivery of the session/workshop, there will be no refund.
Terms and Conditions
- Participants must be 16 years or older (excluding Animal Career Discovery Day where this is 'Year 9 or above').
- Program activities are conducted by RSPCA Victoria Education Officers and staff. RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to alter activities or cease programs should staff and participant safety be compromised.
- Cancellation fees apply.
- For safety reasons, participants must wear appropriate clothing and closed-in shoes.
- RSPCA Victoria reserves the right to cancel the class should minimum numbers not be met. A full refund will apply in these circumstances.
Participants will be involved in a range of hands-on activities visiting various parts of the Burwood East site. While the RSPCA takes all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of participants, all participants enter at own risk.
By enrolling in these programs you acknowledge that you understand this disclaimer and release RSPCA (Victoria) and its employees, agents, volunteers and contractors from any liability whatsoever, to the extent permitted by law.