This workshop is suited to all levels of wheel throwers interested in learning how to create Plates/Flatware on the Wheel.
* Important - You must have experience on the wheel, this workshop is not designed for those who have never been on the wheel. You must know how to centre clay & completed at least a beginner level course to get the full benefit of this workshop.
This Workshop will be over 2 days.
Day 1 - Creating on the wheel - Saturday 29th June
10.00am - 3.00pm
- 10.15am - 10.30am Welcome over coffee & refreshments.
- 10.30am Workshop begins by looking at different plates and getting ideas.
- 1pm LUNCH, a grazing board will be delivered.
Sarah will share the process she goes through when she receives a restaurant commission, including the types of clay's she uses, the drying process, firing, things not to do, using batts.
Day 2 - Trimming & Decoration - Sunday 30th June
1.00pm - 4.00pm
- 1.00pm - Hot finger food & refreshments available on arrival.
- 1.30pm - 4.00pm Workshop begins with demonstration on trimming then students have the remainder of the time to complete their pieces.
- This workshop is designed for students to work at their own pace on their own creations with one on one guidance and assistance.
- Clay's & tools provided. Clay supplied is a Stoneware off white throwing Clay which is used in Sarah's education program. A dark stoneware clay will also be available for those interested.
- Pieces will be bisque fired. Students will be notified when work is ready to be collected, approximately 2-4 weeks after.
- Glazing is not covered in this workshop. If you would like to glaze you you will need to book into an Studio Access Session at a later date. *If you are a current student enrolled in a term class you can glaze your plates during that time at no additional charge.
* All students who have completed a term course within the past 12 months receive a 10% discount. Please contact email@example.com to obtain your discount code.
The Studio is a comfortable working space with air conditioning complete with shop.
- How to create plates/flatware on the wheel
- How to trim & decorate plates/flatware
- Creations made on the day after they have been fired & optional glazing.
- Learn new techniques they can take away and use in their own studio.
- Light lunch, tea & coffee.
Please also note, that if you are driving you cannot park on Kent St as it’s permit only, try St David St or Moor St.
- Please bring a towel and an apron.
Comfortable casual clothes & closed in footwear.
Everyone interested in learning how to make plates/flatware. Must have previous wheel experience & know how to centre clay
Vendor since 2017
Sarah Schembri is a Melbourne Ceramic Artist who is passionate about creating functional, tactile and visually appealing ceramics, particularly tableware. Being a lover of cooking and food in general, she is most interested in making pieces that are a pleasure to use in the home, pieces which are not only visually appealing but also functional & tactile.
“There is something quite special about using pieces that are handmade - the experience and food taste better. This is a feeling that I think about when I'm creating, it's part of the experience I want to share with others.” - Sarah
Cancellations & Transfer Policy
Bookings cancelled up to 7 days prior to the class will be refunded in full or transferred to a later date less an admin fee.
Bookings cancelled 7 days or less before the class will be refunded (less 20% admin fee) if the vacancy can be resold at full price. If not resold the purchase price is forfeited. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please advise name of alternate within 24 hours of function)
Anyone partaking in any classes or coming to any events at Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd or organised by Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd must agree to these terms and conditions.
1.) LIABILITY WAIVER
I agree to take on full responsibility for any damages, injuries and for physical and/or personal property, which I might incur whilst participating in classes and/or events organised by Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd .
2.) PHOTO & VIDEO
I agree to give Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd unrestricted publishing rights for any photographs or videos taken at Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd classes and events or on Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd 's premises. (For use of Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd marketing materials).
Sarah Schembri Ceramics Pty Ltd requires 48 hours notice in writing prior to the class for a full refund or transfer.
In the event that a class is cancelled, students will be notified via text message or email and entitled to a full refund or credit.
Cancellations & Transfer Policy
- Bookings cancelled up to 7 days prior to the class will be refunded in full or transferred to a later date less an admin fee.
- Bookings cancelled 7 days or less before the class will be refunded (less 20% admin fee) if the vacancy can be resold at full price. If not resold the purchase price is forfeited. Alternatively, you are welcome to transfer your ticket to another person (please advise name of alternate within 24 hours of function)